Chapter 14

***WARNING - Sexual Content ***

Before I had taken a handful of steps, I was brought to a stop by Daly grabbing my hand.

Daly, "What breakup? Are you dumping me already? Why?"

I looked at his confused and worried expression. Also a hint of anger.

"You walked out on me last night. Abandoned me. Left me to stay and face everyone's stares. You promised not to shame me anymore. You said we might fight, but that we'd talk it out. But you didn't. You just fucking left. So I assumed you wanted this over with. I was just trying to make it easier on us both."

Daly, "I'm sorry. I truly am. I was so angry at you, I was scared I'd say something to drive you away. I just wanted to get my thoughts in order. I didn't even think that you might be shamed. Everyone in that house is family. I just didn't think."

I had my head down, looking at my boots, thinking on what he's saying. He's scared of saying the wrong thing to me too?

Daly, "Have I lost you already? I love you Lex! I just needed to calm down. All the information, all the things that happened yesterday, it was alot to take in. Do you not love me anymore?"

I didn't want to answer his question. I did still love him, but I felt too vulnerable admitting it to him again. Instead I asked him a question,

"So are you no longer angry at me?"

Daly, "I wasn't really even that angry babes, I just felt incredibly undeserving of you. And very inadequate. You don't need me. Not to protect you or defend you. Not for anything. And I just felt this sudden fear that you'd realize this too and wonder why you're wasting your time with me."

Wow. I thought he'd have alot of things to say but not one of my thoughts were of him feeling inadequate. I finally looked up at him. I gave him a small smile, it was all I could manage with how hard my heart was beating.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. That I make you feel that way. All I wanted was to be with you. To be yours and for you to be mine. But I am who I am. I can neither change nor do I want to change. I'm sorry about that."

Daly, "Wanted to be with me? So you don't want to be my girlfriend any more?"

He was almost whispering the last words. This man is stupid. But he's my stupid.

"Of course I want to be your girlfriend. Why are you so stupid. Didn't I threaten to leave my family to be with you? Didn't I punch my cousins in defense of you? If you're sure though Daly. I don't want a repeat of yesterday."

He grabbed my hands and pulled me behind the canteen. He pulled my face to his and started peppering my face with kisses.

Daly, "Of course I'm sure babe. Thank you for forgiving me. For giving me, no us, another shot. I love you so much. I swear I do."

I didn't reply. I just held him still and kissed him passionately. He pushed me against the canteen wall and pinned my hands near my head and started nibbling on my neck and ear.

Suddenly I felt a sense of unease. Not sure what it was but I knew we were in danger. I pushed Daly flat onto the ground and dropped down flat onto my stomach. We were now hidden behind some benches and tables.

Daly, "What the fuck Lexi?"

"Sshhh!!! We're not alone. Have you got your weapon on you?"

Daly, "Yes. Two guns and a few blades. You?"

I nod. I'm not sure how I do it, but I can almost sense where the enemy is. It's what made me such a great assassin. After letting my senses free, I had their location pinned. I checked and noticed the very slight rustling of leaves on the top of a big bush.