Chapter 9

Chapter 9

My mind is running a thousand miles per hour. From the moment I packed my bag carelessly, to the airport, the painfully three-hour long flight, and the rigmarole of Thai officers who made it very difficult for me to enter the Klong Prem Central Prison.

It was all driving me crazy.

By the time I was accompanied by an unsmiling Thai officers to the cell where foreign prisoners are being held, my heart raced.

Philodemus sat by the corner of the cell, with his right leg hinged up and the other one streched unto the cold floor. My heart ached at the sight of him, sleepless and tired.

Ipinikit ko ang mga mata. This is impossible!

For all I know, the drugs isn't his! Or if it really belong to my man, he is sharp and possessed the repartee to fool the Thai officers and not throw him in the jail. I spotted several journos outside the prison, eager for a new scoop. Some of them even recognized me and called for my name, but I ignored them.

"Philodemus..."

He lifted his gaze, and his eyes widened in surprise when he saw me. Philodemus stared at me for a few seconds before his lips went into a grim line.

"What are you doing here?" he asked coldly.

"I went as soon as I heard—"

"Shortie, you shouldn't visit this place!" he hissed behind the bars, his eyes flashing in mild anger.

"But..."

"Go. Erickson will manage this. He promised I'll be able to get out before tomorrow morning."

As his lips moved, my eyes traveled to the small cut and the bruise on his neck. Bumaba pa ang tingin ko. Even with the hoodie he is wearing, I spotted an ugly purple bruise on his left hand as well, which he immediately noticed that I'm looking so he pulled his sleeves down.

"What did they do to you?" pagak ang boses kong tanong sa kaniya. I know there are other bruises hidden from me. Itinukod ko ang kamay sa semento at sinilip ang iba pang mga kasama niya sa kulungan.

My breathing hitched. These are mean-looking muscly guys who are always in dire need of trouble. One of them is even doing push-ups inside the cell, to tighten their already buffy muscles. One of them whistled at the sight of me, and grinned demonically at my boyfriend.

"Is that your girl, man?"

Dumilim ang paningin ni Philodemus at umigting ang panga sa galit.

"Go now, Stormie." Sabi nito sa mariin at kontroladong boses. His hands formed into fists.

"Philodemus..."

"Please, baby. Go..." The ruthlessness in his eyes is very visible. His body ached from anger radiated towards the man who is now grinning widely at me. "Before I kill someone." Dugtong pa niya.

I nodded in understanding and quietly gathered my bag. Humawak ako sa bakal na rehas at inilapit ang mukha sa kaniya. Philodemus rewarded me with a soft lips, his hot tongue building moist on my dry, unglossed lips. I sighed at the brief interaction, before I was pulled away by the rude officer and was escorted outside the prison.

Wala akong ibang magawa kundi tapunan siya ng panghuling tingin bago tuluyang makalabas.

At the hotel restaurant, I was able to meet his manager, Erickson, along with the rest of the band. They looked awfully tired and distressed. Of Halsey there was no sight, and I didn't bother asking.