Chapter 44

Katrin's POV

I was reaching to my side for someone who's supposed to be sleeping by side but I didn't feel anyone, I slowly opened my eyes and look. I was alone in bed but Kris should have been here by my side sleeping. I look to the couch, no one is sleeping in that. I slowly stood up to look for her when I spotted a lump at the foot of the bed. I approach it and low and behold Kris, sleeping on the floor all bundled up.

I thought by her staying back here things will go back to how it used to be but apparently not. This is harder than I thought, sighing I went to sit by the couch and just stared longingly at Kris who seems to love sleeping on the floor than by my side.

It hurt me last night how she didn't want me serving her food, I know I never done it before but I just want her to feel welcome. I keep looking at her for a couple more minutes then decided to finally fix myself for the day.

I went out of our room and started walking to the kitchen for an early coffee, I need to wake my min up. Terry was there cooking something on the stove.

"You're up early?" I ask her to which she shouted.

"God! Kat don't do that! I almost drop this pan with eggs sizzling!" she whispered shouted to me.

"Sorry, now you know how I feel every time you sneak up on me" I said laughing at her face making her throw a mean look on me and continued cooking.

"I'm up early because I wanted to cook to welcome Kris since I wasn't here yesterday" she said facing the stove.

"Oh, right, you weren't here, where were you by the way?" I ask in a teasing tone. I know she was with Len, I observe this past couple of days they've got closer.

"You know, here and there" she said but is looking red.

"Okay then" I said not forcing her to tell me.

"What about you? Why are you up an hour and a half early than your usual time?" she asks turning her body away from the food cooking to look at me.

"I thought Kris was beside me" I said with a sigh looking at my mug.

"What do you mean? Did she not sleep in your room?" she asks a bit worried.

"She did sleep in our room but not by my side" I said making her have a look of confusion.

"She sleep on the floor by the foot of the bed" I explained rubbing my temple.

"Oh," was the only word she said.

"Yeah," I said exhaling some air.

"Well, we can't blame her, after what happened I'm surprised she even considered coming back here but you two have kids so that's one reason to stay but the thing between you two I don't really know if she's even thinking of reconciliation" she said returning to cooking and stirring something on a pot.

"I want her to go back to me" I said to her looking at her eyes as she turns again to look at me.

"Just give her some time, how about you think of ways to woo her back?" she said wiggling her brows.

"and how do you woo a woman? come on tell me, you're the lesbian here" I said looking at her as I lean my head to my right hand.

"let me think" she said turning everything off and putting the dishes by the kitchen island while I'm looking at her every move anxiously waiting for her answer.

"you could cook for her" she said after a couple of minutes of just standing by the island.

"you and I both know I couldn't cook shit even if I tried" I said laughing at her idea.