11. Falling for You

Lamonte's POV

"Bro, who gave you that hickey?," my brother asked.

"I met this girl," I say thinking about Ashanti.

"Are you talking about Raquel? Are you finally gonna just have more than sex with her?," he question.

"Fuck no, not Raquel. Her name is Ashanti and she's just perfect, Ajax," I whispered.

"You always end up going back to Raquel, but I don't know this time seems different. You look really whipped, dude. Just don't fuck it up," he says with a laugh.

"Nah, I'm not whipped. You know me, the fascination will be gone in the next couple of weeks," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I doubt that," Ajax says rolling his eyes.

"I can't love her, not the way she wants me to. I'm going to hurt her," I retort.

"How long have you guys been together?," he questioned.

"It's been about 3months now," I said.

"That's the longest you have ever been with just one girl and your still telling me the fascination is dying down," my brother looks at me with an unbelievable expression.

"It will eventually go away. Man, I don't want to hurt her," I let out again.

"Then, try to work with her," he whispers.
"Enough about me. How's life treating you? I see your still doing underground boxing," I laugh eyeing the bruises all over his face.

"Life has been good. I'm getting a lot of money and I'm living pretty comfortable," he says with a content smile on his face.

"That's good. Any girlfriend yet?," I asked.

"No, these girls I've been meeting have no substance, no fire. They get pretty boring, pretty fast but I ain't losing hope," he answers.

"How about you come over to Ashanti's house with me tonight? She's cooking dinner and her roommate will be with her," I utter.

"I will come. See you tonight, bro," he says as we hug each other and he leaves my office.

***
5 hours later...

Time seemed to moved by so slow because I wanted to go see Ashanti.

She had been on my mind all day.

Could I really love her? I promised myself I wouldn't be like this again.

Fuck!

I used to be a sucker for love until Raquel , my ex-girlfriend, broke my heart.

She slept with my ex-best friend, Nick, and I caught them one day. That day, I was planning to make things official with her. I bought her flowers and I even had the most perfect date set up for her, I loved her. I hadn't told her that yet but I did.

From time to time, I still go back to her and we have sex. She always knew what to do to turn me on and I couldn't help it.

The funny thing is she's now married to Nick and sleeping with me.

Life is a bitch like that sometimes.

I wish I never fucked with her, she ruined everything I used to be.

She turned me into the man I am today, ruthless.

I play with girls, fuck them until I get bored and that's that.

Now, Ashanti came along and made me want more.

But I don't know if I can be the man she wants me to be.