39

I shifted my quiver and walked over to the Team. "What's the deal?"

Wally looked at me before glancing at Megan.

Do you know that Aquaman had a second sidekick? He asked.

I shook my head.

Well he does. And we don't think she's actually his sidekick. Robin's voice rang through my head.

Why not?

Kaldur has been acting... off since she got here. Connor offered.

I was pulled into a few memories. In all of them, Kaldur looked horrible. Some he threw up, some he...

He was spitting up blood? I raised an eyebrow.

They nodded solemnly.

We think she has some sort of power or something that she can use to affect him.

I could hear footsteps and I looked over.

A girl with raven hair slowly walked in. Her steps were unsteady, like she was struggling with each step.

Is that her?

Yeah.

I crossed my arms and watched as she drew closer to us, her body lurching.

She almost fell over but water appeared from around her legs to haul her upright before wrapping back around her bottom half.

"What the hell did you do to Kaldur?!" I glared at her.

Her eyebrows furrowed and she tilted her head slightly.

"Cut the crap. We know that you aren't who you say you are." I stalked over to her. "Just from what they've shown me, I know you're doing something to him."

I grabbed ahold of her and held her up in the air. "What's your game?"

"Percy? You should not be- what is going on here?!" Kaldur stopped in his tracks.

"Stay out of this Kaldur." I growled. "This is between us and her."

Kaldur rushed forward and pulled Percy out of my grasp before grabbing my shirt.

"I do not know what you are talking about but she is my friend."

"Do friends make you spit up blood?" I growled, my feet barely brushing the ground. "She's using you! She's a villain!"

"Look at how you're acting right now! This isn't you!" Robin yelled.

Kaldur glared, his grip tightened, and a growl escaped his throat. Honestly I thought he was going to punch me.

"Kaldur..." Percy rasped. "Put him down."

"Percy, you shouldn't-" He shifted his gaze to her.

"Put him down." She stared at him.

When Kaldur didn't she narrowed her eyes. She swallowed. "That's an order."

Kaldur dropped me. "Of course."

"This is exactly what I'm talking about! She's trouble and that's all she is!" I walked over, my hand raised in exasperation. "I bet she's faking this."

I threw a punch at her stomach, expecting a dodge or a counterattack. I wasn't expecting Kaldur to put himself between the two of us.

"You will not hurt her."

There was a thud as Percy fell to the ground.

Kaldur's eyes widened at the sound, immediately turning and kneeling down beside her.