Seven

With a firm grip on her hand, Ha-Na was dragged further and further away from the house she had spent a couple days in. The woman still hadn't recovered from the rude awakening that seemed to have slapped her in the face, right when Tokki entered the house. Pure fear, undiluted terror coursed through her veins faster than her blood, and it refused to dial down.

More than anything, she needed to find some way to escape from this... killer. Ha-Na did not trust him one bit- he tried to murder her in cold blood, not even giving her a chance to plead her case. The promise he made inside the house, it meant nothing to her. Tokki was a murderer, who knows how many promises he made and broke before killing innocents. Promises were mean to be broken, and they certainly meant nothing to people like Tokki.

Ha-Na's heart dropped to her stomach as soon as her eyes fell upon the black car with tinted windows, which was parked in the middle of the forest road. Tokki planned on taking her somewhere in that thing, however she didn't even want to think about where or what he would do to her.

If I can run while he's unlocking the car, then maybe I can escape.

There was one problem- the Tokki had a remote car control on his person, evident by the flashing headlights. Ha-Na forced herself to think quickly- more than anything, she needed to get away to save her life.

As Tokki reached for the passenger side door handle, he woman ripped her hand from his grip and broke out into a hard sprint right into the forest. Almost immediately, Tokki yelled at her to stop running from him, but she didn't listen. She had no reason to believe his promise it trust him, the man could kill her in the blink of an eye. She wasn't ready to take that chance, she just wanted to live.

Her heavy boots stomped against the leaf and twig covered ground, the sounds reverberating between the forest trees. Ha-Na didn't dare to turn back, much less look behind her, there was no doubt in her mind that the killer was barreling after her like a mad man. A horrid vision of the man behind the mask flashed through her head, and that only forced herself to push her body to run faster.

The Tokki was fast, but in that moment Ha-Na was faster.

The woman had to find some way to lose the killer once again, but where would she go in a forest? She could try to hide behind a thick trunked tree, but how much would that do? The Tokki was a hunter, he was bound to snuff her out eventually- not if she could help it.

Her ears didn't seem to fail her when she heard something. The forest soon led to a wide cliff range, spanning for miles. Just ahead of her, the grass transitioned to a rocky point, as if it was a looking point for the adventurous. Except Ha-Na, wasn't on an adventure, she was escaping for her life. Just below it, the sounds of rough waves crashing against the cliff reached her ears.

Ha-Na ran to the edge, but stopped upon seeing how far below the waters were. The poor woman was afraid of heights, and she almost passed out seeing how high up she was. However, the fear of being caged by the Tokki overpowered that thoughts.

Her heart continued to beat in her tender throat. Not to mention her lungs were craving oxygen at that very moment. Was she really ready to risk it all and jump down into the ocean just to escape?

Before she had another second to ponder about her life or death situation, another pair of footsteps stopped behind her.