Bonus: Her Star

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

1963, New Orleans

As the night fell, the blue haze of day lifted to reveal the stars. Natalia always felt that this was closer to the truth of who we are. She wondered, if we were nocturnal would we feel even more connected to those faraway stars, perhaps sensing the fragility of Earth all the more? To her the night was when the curtain was pulled back, when we got to see out of the window we call "the sky" to the universe beyond.

The stars would always be something that amazed the blonde girl. The fact that the darker the night, the brighter the stars would be. Should there ever be a cloud to hide them, they still shine. Perhaps that's why she really loved the starlight, for it came not in the ease of the day, but when without it there would only be blackness for the eyes.

Letting a single sigh escape her lips while the girl opened her golden eyes she looked up at the stars she loved so much gently. On days like these, she was thankful for being a vampire, for she would never get tired, she never had to go to bed and into a peaceful sleep.

She could just stay up all night and enjoy the night sky and her precious stars.

The wind gently pushed back the blonde's long hair and reminded her to stop daydreaming and go into the bathroom where she was supposed to take a shower.

She slowly walked out through her balcony doors leaving them open causing the curtains to lightly move from the wind as she entered the bathroom.

Every shower was like a movie scene for Natalia and she was the actress. She undid her robe and took it off. She turned the tap on and the water started pouring down like a waterfall from the shower head. She never had to wait for it to get warm, that was the pluses of being a vampire she would sometimes think, she wouldn't even feel it if the water was ice cold. But she would still bathe in warm water because she loved the way that the bathroom would fill slowly with steam from the hot water.

On most days she would turn her radio on for music and sing along while dancing as if she was on a stage with Romeo and Jeremy.

This night was surprisingly different though, the bathroom was completely quiet with only the sound of the water hitting the floor filling the silence. It might have been because of the fact that the stars had calmed the girl so much that she just wasn't in the right state of mind to dance in between the water droplets.

As she turned off the shower and walked out and covered herself in a towel she walked over to the mirror which was fogged up and cleaned it with just one swipe of her hand.

Right in front of her stood her smiling self with slightly damp hair. Letting out a small giggle the girl diverted her eyes over to the clothes she prepared for herself.

Because she didn't sleep she didn't need any nightgowns so for nights the girl would just put on a sundress for the night.

Oh, the irony, a sundress at night.