Chapter 12

" For real??!!! Your life sounds like a tv series to me... Bad guy trying to force you. Good guy comes exactly on time... Then takes you home.. Your parents catch you with him....", Sneha babbled on video call with Meher.

"I know right!!!!", Meher agreed considering dramatic events since last two days.

"By the way.... Was he really handing you the lemonade and tripped over or....", Sneha asked wiggling her brows.

"Are you crazy.. What else we would be doing... We two hate each other..", Meher shrugged making a weird face trying to hide her sheepish lie.

'Whatever didn't happen last night, will happen now. Since you already punished me for something I didn't do, let me do it for real...', Arjun's words rang in her ears.

'So nothing happened between us.. Then why was Arjun saying earlier that what I am thinking is true??!! Was he just pulling my leg??and I took it all wrong ' , Meher thought.

"How's every one holding up?", Sneha asked.

"Everything's is just weird right now, to be honest. They didn't scold me, neither are they angry.. Its like they are sort of disappointed in me. I mean they don't even know the truth.If they knew they would be so furious.

"Hmm.. Well, did u apologise?"

"Yeah.. straight away as I entered. They just said that I should be more careful n all." Meher said shrugging not sure of how to respond to this situation.

"No.. I was talking about Arjun.I mean its great that you apologised to your parents. It was your mistake. You should have. But don't you think an apology and a thank you is long overdue towards Arjun too. He warned you again and again and despite of your ignorant and stupid ass behavior, he still helped you", Sneha said trying to put some sense into Meher." I mean he saved you from that bastard. Then also convinced your parents that whatever happened wasn't your fault and you still say that he hates you!?? Also, how can you hate someone who has done so much for you?? ", Sneha scoffed.

"I know.. He has helped me a lot. Maybe.. I should thank him.", Meher said pouting and realizing that she owe him a thank you at the very least.

" Maybe!??!!!", Sneha sighed.

"No.. I mean I want to thank him. I just don't know how to.." Meher replied

"Just call him babe.", Sneha replied. "Ok.. I will catch up with you later.. Gotta go.. Bye.."

"Bye.." Meher said disconncting the call.

'How do I thank him... He doesn't talk to me without creating a fuss. But whatever Sneha said is also true. I owe him an apology.' Meher wondered walking to and fro in her room.

Her eyes fell on Arjun, who was busy boxing with his punching bag in the balcony. She walked outside still trying to cater a perfect way to apologise and thank him for his chivalry and help.

' Awaz doon... Nai nai kisi ne sun liya to hungama hoga.. Call krti hu.. Par baat kya krungi.... Aisa krti door se hi sorry bol deti hu.. Kan pkd ke.. Best h.. Na kuch bolna paena... Aur sorry v hojani.. Ae sahi h..(Shall I make a shoutout to him.. No.. What if someone else also listens.. It would be a problem again. Shall I call him.. No.. Ehat would I say.. It would be awkward.. Wait.. I shall just gesture a sorry from here. Thats the best way I think) '

Meher waved at Arjun, trying to grab his attention. But he was too caught up in his practice.

' Arey.. Idhar dekho.. Idhar dekho to.. Idhar dekho na..(Look here.. Please look here.. Look here once) 'Meher kept on gesturing.