Chapter 3

Chapter 3

*unedited*

"God we are late. aren't we? Your cousins must be waiting at the club since an hour." Bianca said, checking the time on her phone.

Luke smiled, glancing at her briefly before turning to look back at the road as he drove. "Well, they just got there. Don't worry."

He didn't know about others, but he was absolutely sure about two things. First, it was difficult for a woman to get ready for a night out within 30 minutes. And second, the task was impossible when she had a girl friend accompanying her.

That's why he had pushed their plans back by an hour. He could predict that they would need that extra time just by the noise of laughter and chatter coming from Dana's room as they got ready.

"Oh, good. Now I don't feel that bad." Bianca turned her head around to wink at Dana who was sitting on the back seat beside Ethan.

Dana winked back before asking, "how far are we?"

"5 minutes tops." Ethan replied.

"I didn't ask you."

"You didn't specify who you were asking either."

"I was looking at Bianca!"

"And?" Ethan quirked an eyebrow.

"They both are so cute." Bianca leaned towards Luke and whispered, making him roll his eyes.

"Go to hell." Dana muttered, settling back in her seat.

"I don't mind. But I'm in a mood to party. Maybe some other time, babe."

Dana mumbled something in annoyance as she turned her head away to stare out of the window while Ethan enjoyed how easy it was to get on her nerves.

When they reached their destination, she was the first one to get out of the car. She waited for Bianca to join her before they started walking to the club entrance while Luke and Ethan followed them.

As they drew closer to the entrance, Luke lead the group and exchanged a few words with the bouncers standing at the door.

While he spoke, the loud music inside could be heard pumping through the walls. As Dana's attention drew to it, her mood changed as she started anticipating being inside.

The bouncer nodded at Luke and allowed them in. If Dana were by herself, she'd be standing in the line just like the rest of the people, she thought, glancing at the people in the queue as she walked inside.

The music was now loud and clear and the beats were strong. Dana could feel them vibrate through her chest.

It made it difficult for her to think of anything else, for which she was grateful. It had been a while since she had gone out and partied like this because she was trying to save some money to buy herself a better house.

They headed to the bar first where Luke and Ethan's cousins were waiting for them.

She saw 3 guys and 2 girls who stood together. They called out to them and waved.

"Hey!" One of the guys came forward to hug Luke and Bianca.

Dana recognized him from Nicolas's birthday party but struggled to remember his name.

"Hey." He extended a hand towards Dana. "Angelo."

Dana had to watch his lips to make sure she understood what he was saying, thanks to the loud music.

"I'm Dana." She said loudly, shaking his hand and leaning close to him a little so he could hear her.

"Hey Angelo!" Ethan came from behind and slapped his shoulder with a little more force than required. "Save some greetings for me too man."