[1]

Two gaurds entered Diana's small cell in the Skybox

Two gaurds entered Diana's small cell in the Skybox. "Prisoner two-eighty-three, face the wall."

"What is this?" Diana spat, sitting up from her bed.

"Get up and face the wall." He repeated, the other powered up his shock baton, knowing the girl had been charged with murder after badly assaulting a guard; putting the man in the med bay for nearly a month and killing two others.

The brunette's eyes narrowed as she stood. "Come on, I don't turn eighteen until Saturday." She still had seven days left of her boxed up life.

The one who had been speaking moved forward and snatched her arm in his grip. He swiftly closed a metal bracelet on her wrist, there were about four short needles that dug into her wrist. "Hey! What the hell is wrong with you." Diana angrily pulled away from him.

The one with the shock baton, struck her in the lower back. She fell to her knees, gasping in pain. Being tased is no fun. "Get up, Kane." The gaurds were lifting her up and pulling her out of the cell. Her hands were cuffed behind her back.

Diana stood in a line of delinquents, all of them under age of being reviewed, for their crimes. She was handed a thick jacket to go over the long sleeve shirt she was in. At the head of the line she saw her father and Abby Griffin, both important Council members of the Ark. Her father stepped toward her. "Diana," Marcus spoke engulfing her in a hug that she couldn't return because of the handcuffs. "Your being sent to the ground, your first priority is to get to Mount Weather, more will be explained in the exodus ship. I love you Diana. Don't ever forget that." He explained quickly, A young gaurd grabbed her upper arm, his head held low as if he was keeping a low profile, trying not to be seen. The gaurd moved forward and Diana looked over her shoulder.

"I love you too dad." She quickly muttered as she was pulled into the lowest level of the dropship.

The young gaurd finally looked up and directed Diana to a seat nearest the large door that would open when they landed, if they didn't die in a firey explosion or boiled to a crisp from radiation when the door opens. As more and more kids filled the dropship Diana searched for a familiar face. She hadn't seen her bestfriend since the day before her arrest. Diana grew nervous with each passing delinquent that wasn't Isaac. She didn't know if he had been arrested at all. Her hands had been freed earlier so she could put on her jacket. Diana's fingers wrapped tightly around her seatbelt as the ship shook, detaching from the Ark.

Various screens in the ship came on and an image of the Chancellor was shown. "Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable." Diana scoffed and rolled her eyes, the Chancellor had sent them all down to die. Thelonious Jaha continued on. "Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean."

This statement peaked Diana's interest, if they died how could they be relieved of their crimes? Diana looked across the aisle she was sat in and saw the young gaurd staring at her in confusion. Diana furrowed her eyebrows at him as if she were saying; what the fuck are you looking at? He then looked at his boots. Her eyes narrowed slightly while watching him.

Diana laughed very loudly when the memory came to her. This was Bellamy Blake, the man she nearly killed, also reason for that scar on his lip. The fake gaurd was shaking his head.

Diana had been tuning out the rest if the Chancellor's speech and tried to focus on her breathing. The ship crashed and the girl jolted forward in her chair, the seat belts stopping her, giving her whiplash. When her back hit the seat so did her head, she groaned in pain as the lights flickered before going steady again. "God dammit." She growled to herself. It took her a moment to realize the ship had finally landed, the familiar sound of machine humming that she had heard her whole life, stopped. She laughed again, some soft of relief flooded her mind, after all, no one had died from the landing. That she knew of anyway. Diana removed the seatbelt and jumped from her seat. "Oh shit." She muttered.

People started crowding around the dropship door, Diana moved to the back of the ship. More kids ascended from the ladders on either side of the ship. Bellamy had said something about not getting too close to the door as his hand was on the lever. A familiar voice shouted at Bellamy. "Stop! You can't just open the door, the air could be toxic." Clarke Griffin, an old friend of Diana's.

"If the air's toxic we're all dead anyway." Bellamy spoke, his hand still resting on the lever.

"Bellamy?" A small brunette called from a ladder, Diana could see the way his eyes lit up at the girl's presence, it was all she needed to know that the girl is Bellamy's sister. The young Kane tuned out the conversation between Clarke, Bellamy and Octavia. She was waiting, almost impatiently for the door to open.

Diana was pulled away from her thoughts by a blinding light, she stood up and stepped towards the now open door, a smile grew on her face. Diana hadn't smiled in a very long time. She took a deep breath on the ramp, non artificial sunlight hit her face. The air, it was sweet, sweeter than she ever could of imagined, it didn't carry the heaviness like it did on The Ark. There was so much green. She laughed and raced into the forest nearly knocking someone over in the process.

In this moment, Diana was free. She was happy.