Chapter 21

I laugh, and before he can think of another pun, change the subject.

***

I groggily sit up, seeing Talia asleep next to me. Alicia lies curled up in the chair in the corner and I can hear Freya already up and getting ready.

I slowly slide my legs out of the bed, careful not to wake Talia, and creep out of my room, shutting the door gently behind me. My head pounding and my eyes stinging, I go into the bathroom, washing my face to get off all the makeup that drunk me forgot to take off.

I walk into the kitchen, and Freya is ready with a piece of toast, a glass of water, and two paracetamol.

"Freya you're a saint," I mumble before swelling the pills and then downing the whole glass of water.

"I know," she responds dryly.

Last night, a few days after I got home from the date at Tobi's, I had told them everything from start to finish, while we all slowly got more and more drunk. By the end of the night we were all sprawled around my room, laughing and joking.

"Soooo last night huh?" Freya interrupts my chain of thought.

I shake my head, clearing my mind, "what?"

"The text" she supplies, trying to get my hungover mind to remember what happened last night.

"Oh fuck what did I do." I pull out my phone.

Freya raises her eyebrows, waiting for me to figure out what I've done.

I open my texts, and click on the most recent conversation. It's Tobi.

Talia invited us to go ob vacation with hrr and skmon when they go next month

Woll you comr with me?

"Oh fuck," I sigh, "why'd you let me do that?"

"Cause it's funny. Plus you would never make a move yourself to actually tell him you wanted more and neither would he," she says nonchalantly.

"I hate you"

"Hey! What happened to 'Freya you're a saint'?" she exclaims.

"Changed my mind," I shrug, raising my eyebrows at her.

She laughs, and sits down next to me at the table, folding her legs underneath her.

"But for real what am I gonna do?" I whine, putting my head down on the table.

"Nothing," she says, "Just wait to see what he responds"

"But what if he thinks it's weird, like we've literally kissed twice we're not even dating."

"Yeah but you were basically best friends before that. Friends who've kissed twice can go on a romantic vacation," she says.

"Friends who've kissed twice and are wildly in love," I hear from behind me, and turn to see Alicia walking over, Talia behind her.

I roll my eyes, "Good morning to you, too."

They join us at the table and we continue to chat as I wait anxiously for a response.

"So what's this vacation anyway?" Alicia asks Talia.

"Me and Simon wanted to go away for a few days; he's been so busy and I've been feeling sort of stuck in a rut so we figured it'd be nice to relax. And I guess last night I decided it's be fun to make it a double date trip."

"And why were Josh and I not invited?" Freya asks indignantly.

"Don't ask me!" Talia says, hands up, "Drunk Talia has a mind of her own."