Comfort

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Late afternoon light poured in through the large dining area windows. Almost, the sun was ready to set, and waiters and waitresses came around to light the candles on each of the dining tables being used.

Stepping down the stairs, she intertwined her right fingers with his left. Tan pumps covered her feet, and a pale pink, flared dress, which had a tan and white bow on its left side, decorated her form. Her hair remained in its braided updo, and those who already had seen them in the hotel knew that they just had gotten married. Thankfully, that didn't include too many people. Congratulations were nice up to a point, and then they became tiring. Admittedly, though, it was nice to know that complete strangers cared or were that polite.

Reaching the bottom of the steps, Edmund guided them to the dining area. Back in their room, which had a lovely view of the mountains, he had removed his jacket. It was odd to see him walking around in public without one, but he did have the vest on. And, she wasn't complaining that she could admire his form all the more, which led her mind elsewhere. Quickly, however, she pulled her mind out of those thoughts. There was dinner first.

When they entered the dining room, she paused momentarily. The views from the windows were similar to that in their room, though, on a grander scale. Rich, red velvet curtains outlined the glass portals, and red carpet swept across the floor. Each table was simple but elegant and had comfortable, plush chairs for the users. On each table, red roses and pink baby's breath complimented the tea lamps and standing fan-styled napkins.

"Wow, it's lovely here." She stepped forward a bit. "You chose well. This is a surprise in itself."

Guiding her further into the room, he smiled. "I tend to have a good taste." His eyes glanced to her briefly, and they met hers. A look of embarrassment crossed her countenance, but a small smile touched her lips regardless.

"Thank you," she mumbled before her eyes caught something else in the room. Among all of the other tables, there was one with a purple rose and white baby's breath. A grin now graced her lips. "I take it that's ours." Edmund nodded and pulled her chair out for her when they reached it. "And, it's even a window seat."

"Well, it's our wedding day. We should enjoy it while it lasts." A warm, gentle smile touched his lips even though his tone towards the end was ... suspicious. She furrowed her brows momentarily before she told herself that she was over-thinking again. That was a natural thing for someone to say on their wedding day.

Relaxing her expression, she nodded in agreement and picked up her drink menu. When she noted that the menu had a well-recommended pinot noir on it, she suspected she would be drinking that, not that she minded. (F/n) turned the menu to face him and tapped the name: Hyde Vineyards Pinot Noir. "Is this why you selected this place?" she questioned in a teasing tone.

Edmund quirked a brow and shrugged. "It's possible. You'll enjoy it, though, if you've liked the past wines I've selected for us." She shook her head in amusement and placed down the menu. "Unless you would prefer to order something else. We can order two different drinks too."

Again, she shook her head, and she smiled back to him. "No, I trust your opinion. Let's order it."