Forty Eight

Surprise! A special update for the comeback ☺️

***

Jimin brought his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arm around them tightly. He sat on the floor in the hallway, just outside the classroom. Everyone had gone home so the hallways were silent which only meant Jimin was more easily distracted by his thoughts.

He had been sat against the wall for a while now, 27 minutes near enough.
Waiting for Yoongi, of course.

Jimin had nearly walked home with the rest of them but somehow he managed to convince himself he needed to stay and wait for Yoongi. He needed to face his fears and explain.

Lord, he was terrified.

He remembered Taehyung asking him "do you want me to stay with you?" Before he left and suddenly wished that he had taken the offer. He didn't know how to do this alone.

After half an hour had finally passed, the door clicks open. Yoongi walked out with his bag over one arm, stopping when he sees the younger sat down beside the wall. They meet eyes and Jimin scrambled to his feet.

The younger doesn't speak straight away, he doesn't know what to say in this sort of situation. "H-hi" Jimin stuttered.

Then Yoongi looks away, at anything that isn't Jimin, and began to walk past him.
That was like a punch to the stomach, knowing Yoongi was ignoring him, acting like he didn't exist.

"Hyung!" Jimin panicked and held onto the olders sleeve before he could storm off. Tears welled up in his eyes, if Yoongi didn't listen to him now then, hell, he doesn't know what to do.

Yoongi hesitated, and for a moment Jimin is hopeful that the boy would stay, but his dreams are soon crushed when the older tugged his arm out of Jimins grip, glancing over his shoulder to say one last thing. "you shouldn't have waited for me" Yoongi said with no emotion in his voice. "you wasted your time."

With that, Yoongi faced forward and didn't spare another glance as he carried on down the hall, leaving Jimin alone again.

***

Yoongi sat in the corner shop where he and Jimin first spoke to each other outside of school. They had talked about his crush on Jungkook at the time and Jimin even gave him his kimbap. The thought just made Yoongi more sad.

He sat in the same place, even around the same time too, not that he remembered every little moment with Jimin or anything.

Yoongi watched the world go by as he takes a sip of the drink he just bought. Not really paying attention though. Just kind of staring, staring outside while people and cars go by.

Why did he feel so lifeless?

He had gotten a lot of texts from his friends, asking what happened, asking if he's ok. He even received one from Taehyung, saying:

I know it isn't my business but it's not what you think it is

Yoongi didn't answer a single text, at least not yet. He actually switched his phone on silent. Deciding he doesn't want to go home just yet, he stays there for another hour or so. Doing nothing.

Surprisingly this helped, Yoongi had actually calmed down a bit. He didn't feel so tense or like his body was shaking with anger, just upset. Of course, he was not over it, and still questioned everything about Jimin, but at least he wasn't about to run out and punch someone on the street. Just very upset. 

Despite the heartbreaking thought of Jimin cheating on him, something didn't seem quite right. But maybe that was just because Yoongi had put his absolute faith and trust into Jimin only for it to be broken in half. It was like Yoongis mind was trying to cling onto even the tiniest bit of hope. Honestly, Yoongi had no idea what to believe. But the possibility that Jimin had kissed Sungwoon, upset Yoongi deeply.

If he hadn't, why had Jimin been acting that way around him before he found out? Jimin hadn't hid it well.

But somehow Yoongi still felt guilty for accusing Jimin.

***

Sat at his desk scribbling away, Jimin decided he needed to plug in his earphones and concentrate on anything and everything else apart from Yoongi, something that happened to be extremely difficult right now.  It had only been a couple of hours since he had arrived home and he had already completed every single bit of homework he had, revised a whole unit of science and practised multiple maths questions. He was actually running out of things to do.

Everytime he felt like crying, he simply turned up the volume on his phone and skipped to a more lively song. By now, his volume was on max and he had skipped nearly a whole playlist worth of songs. But he kept working.

Time passed slowly, eventually dinner had been cooked and his mother shouted her son down from the bottom of the stairs. Jimin didn't hear a thing, his music was way too loud. So after several calls, his mother finally came up to his bedroom and barged in to see him working away at his desk. She walked over and tapped him on the shoulder, making him jump. Jimin took out an earbud and looked up to see his mother smiling. "time to eat" she said.

"i'll be down in a minute" Jimin muttered, though having no intention of going down at all.

"okay, don't be long" patting his back gently, she left and returned to the kitchen.
Jimin just put his earphone back in and continued to revise another science topic.

When he saw his phone light up, Jimin peered over to see a flood of messages appear on his screen. Only Taehyung.

Taebong
you alright?:((
you didn't tell me how it went?
did you speak to yoongi?
you wanna talk about it?
sorry am i being annoying?

Jimin was grateful that Taehyung cared but to see Yoongis name just made his heart clench.

Jiminii
im ok

Taehyung didn't reply straight away even when he had seen the message, you could tell he expected more of a response from Jimin.

Taebong
:((((((((((
im guessing he didnt want to talk?

Jiminii
i dont wnt to talk about it
want

Taebong
oh
ok im sorry
i just thought youd like to talk it out
but thats also ok!!
text me if you need anything!
💖

Jimin sighed and switched off his phone, putting it to the side. He will talk to Taehyung tomorrow, but not right now. He's already tired of crying so much today, he doesn't want to think about it anymore.

When his phone lights up again, Jimin gets a little irritated. Was Taehyung still sending him messages? Can't be just have some time to himself?

Jimin peered over one last time but suddenly froze in his chair.
But then he dropped his pen and picked up his phone in an instant, typing away at the keys.