Chapter 51 | Taming A Bad Boy

"Does anyone want to explain why she was here?" Eugenia demanded, staring dead panned at Alastor, who seemed to be avoiding everyone's questioning looks.

Everyone appeared to be confused as to why Mia had been present in the hospital wing and they all were waiting for an answer from Alastor.

"I found her with Charlus, she raised the alarm," Alastor explained briefly, shrugging and Minerva frowned, her eyebrows furrowing as she tried to comprehend the facts.

Florean looked concerned because he had been the only one that knew that Euphemia and Charlus were meeting up to talk it over.

"And do we know who cursed Charlus?" Filius suddenly piped up, a slightly cautious tone lacing his words.

Alastor shrugged, taking a seat next to the sleeping Charlus, "I assume he'll tell us that when he wakes up," the ever logic blonde replied and this seemed to appease everyone else as they all gradually began to sit down around Charlus' bed, a thoughtful silence settling over them all.

Eugenia was staring at Charlus with a rather pining expression on her face whilst Pomona and Lyall appeared to be having a silent conversation with their hands and eyes, their lips barely moving.

Florean was pacing up and down - even though they had all been told by Nurse Marley that Charlus would be fine, he couldn't help but worry and Filius was watching him pace rather pensively, his hands clasped on his lap as his legs swung from up high because his small legs meant his feet couldn't touch the ground.

Minerva wasn't speaking to anyone - she was sat back in her chair with her arms crossed and a frown settling on her face as she was obviously deep in thought though she did keep glancing at Charlus every now and then.

Alastor was the one who was seated right beside Charlus' bed and he was reading a Defence Against The Dark Arts textbook but his eyes kept flitting up every few seconds to check on Charlus' breathing and it was obvious he wasn't actually focusing.

There was a tense silence throughout the entire hospital wing that was building awkwardly minute by minute when the door suddenly burst open and a fifth year Gryffindor, Brutus Scrimegeour, rushed in.

Brutus was a rather striking young boy with handsome features and a carefree air about him - he and Minerva had gone to the Christmas Dance together in third year and he had been a close friend of hers ever since, thus making him an acquaintance of the group as a whole.

He was also on the Gryffindor Quidditch team as a Beater and was known for liking mischief and being a bit of a troublemaker, hence making him a good friend of Charlus' as well.

"Oh Merlin, what happened?" Brutus exclaimed as he hurried into the wing, his Quidditch robes flying out behind him.

He had been waiting for Minerva and Charlus at practice when some girl had informed him (rather tearfully as a matter of fact) that Charlus Potter was in the hospital wing and that Minnie was probably with him too.

"Charlus got cursed but we don't know who did it," Minerva responded abruptly and the rest of the group watched as she stood up and embraced Brutus, obviously more shaken up by the whole situation than she was actually letting on.

Brutus, Charlus and Minnie were all on the team together which meant their friendship was pretty strong, despite Brutus being a year older, and it was obvious that Minerva could be weaker with her emotions around him.

Florean had often wondered why Brutus wasn't in their group but the age did make a huge difference and Brutus had other fifth year friends which he liked to hang out with.