004. stand down

› CHAPTER FOUR ‹

› CHAPTER FOUR ‹

Raleigh found it difficult to keep up with the other people on his team as they sprinted where Sam found the Quinjet stored away, and he couldn't be sure if that wasn't the plan. Raleigh wasn't going to join them on the jet because he was only fourteen, and if he continued on this path his punishment would only be worst. Besides, Raleigh wasn't made to evade the law. He liked school and warm meals too much.

A burst of yellow energy burned into the ground in front of Steve and his team. Raleigh tripped into Bucky's back when they all suddenly stopped, and he peered over his shoulder at the red figure floating above them.

"Captain Rogers. I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now." The creation said with a proper English accent, and behind him, his team (Iron Man's team) walked up. Spider-Man was beside Tony, and Peter and Raleighs eyes met.

"What do we do, Cap?" Sam asked.

Steve sighed. "We fight."

The two teams sprint towards one another with gray purpose written on their faces. Raleigh stayed behind Bucky, still hearing Steve's words from earlier about remaining near one of the two men.

The two teams collided.

Bucky was tackled by a man in a panther suit. The panther toppled on top of him, and claws extended from his hands. Raleigh's hands glowed, his eyes narrowed in tight slits, but before he could swipe his power at the panther, he was suddenly kicked to the side. He gasped and rolled on the asphalt, and his hands scraped, drawing blood.

"How old are you, kid?"

Raleigh looked up, spotting Natasha Romanoff—Black Widow—standing above him. He winced but managed to glower at her. "Fourteen."

"Fourteen?" Natasha echoed, the skin between her eyebrows scrunching up. "The hell is Steve doing?"

She didn't have time to question Raleigh any further when Scott Lang, literally, launched himself at her. And right in front of Raleigh, Scott disappeared into a tiny dot, somehow knocking Natasha onto the ground in the process. Suddenly "a SMALL pain in my ass" made more sense.

Bucky and the panther were still going at it, and as Raleigh ran away from Natasha and Scott's fight, he found they both had each other's throats in one of their hands. And the panther was getting ready to slash Bucky's throat.

Raleigh's heart rammed against his chest, and he immediately encased the panther in gold and tossed him away from Bucky. He got in between the two, stretching his arms wide to somehow hide Bucky from the angry panther.

However, his arms fell to his sides as he smiled. He recognized this man as being the Black Panther.

"Whoa, you're a big kitty! Would you like a ball of yarn? Yes, you would, wouldn't you—" Raleigh coos at the man dressed in a black panther suit. The man extended his claws, swiping at the young boy, who just merely dodged his attack. He went in to push the panther away with his powers as he had done before, but the man was faster and kicked the younger boy into the stomach, tossing him far away from the panther and Bucky.