Chapter 16

Chapter 16
A/N: this is some of the party from Rivers POV

RIVERS POV

I walked into the party already in a bad mood.

Just as I walked in, I scanned everyone obviously looking for Hailey.

It was no secret that I wasn't happy about her going with Lucas.

Well.... it was no secret to everyone except her. She is so oblivious.

I came up empty. I didn't see her anywhere.

I stood somewhere where I had a clear view of the door and and grabbed a drink.

About half an hour passed and a couple drinks later, I finally saw her walk through the door. With Lucas, obviously.

She looked beautiful. She didn't look like she had to try so hard like every other girl in this room and thankfully she wasn't wearing anything revealing because if she was, I definitely wouldn't have been able to let her be with Lucas the whole night.

Not that it's my choice, but whatever.

My whole body tensed and my anger rose as I watched them together.

I embarrassingly hid behind a column out of sight while she curiously looked around the room. She looked like she was searching for something. Or someone?

Lucas pulled her out of her thoughts and whispered something in her ear. She looked uncomfortable but accepted the offer anyways.

Just as I feared, they made their way onto the dance floor.

Their bodies started moving together and I couldn't take looking at her any longer.

I was so mad at her.

I rushed to the kitchen and started drinking anything I could find.

I drank everything in sight.

By the time I was finished raiding the bar, I couldn't feel anything. I was completely numb.

I stumbled my way back to where I was before and looked for Hailey.

I spotted her grinding on Lucas and I almost threw up.

I turned away immediately and closed my eyes.

I felt somebody touching my face so I opened my eyes to see some random blonde chick.

'Why the fuck is she touching me?' I thought to myself, but I was too out of it to stop her.

She was feeling up my arms and.... other places.

I turned my head to see if Hailey was still with Lucas but I didn't see her. Panic arose in me as I searched frantically with my eyes around the room.

I finally spotted her and she was talking to some guy.

She looked angry and as I looked down I saw why. He had her arm in a tight grip and his nails were digging into her.

I saw her screaming at him and trying to pull away from him, but failing.

This was all I needed to push that blonde girl away from me and run full speed at that douchebag.

I tackled him to the ground and away from Hailey before I even had time to think.

I punched him. Then again, and again, and again.

I heard Hailey yell, "Stop, River!"

But I couldn't. Not yet. He was touching her and that was enough to keep me going.