Chapter 3: Sugar

❀Azalea❀

❀Azalea❀

"Why didn't you get anything?" I question the no-name who sits on the other side of the booth.

I got my all-time favorite: cookies and cream, aka Oreo. They're basically the same thing.

He crosses his arms and leans them against the table. I can't help but watch the way they flex and his beautiful tattoos.

"What's your name?" I question somewhat nervously, afraid he'll ignore me once again.

"Grey."

I nearly shiver at his voice. It's just so wonderful. I let a smile appear on my face.

"Azalea Delilah Carson," I tell him fully just in case he didn't hear me outside.

Now he knows my government name, that wasn't my best decision.

"Is your name short for anything, like Greyson?" I question, trying to get any kind of words out of him.

"No," he slightly glares. Woah, he must not like Greysons. Poor Greysons of the world.

"Where are you from?" I take a sip of my milkshake slightly getting an Oreo chunk stuck in my throat. I hold back from coughing it out, just taking another sip.

That'd be the worst way to die. To choke on an Oreo chunk in front of the most attractive man I've ever seen.

He clenches his strong jaw and I wince internally.

He just doesn't seem to like me at all really.

"Knoxville," he grumbles and I smile.

"Why are you asking so many goddamn questions?" His face turns back into a dark glare.

"Well," I fiddle with my straw, "I just like making new friends."

New friends? More like, I like trying to get even one friend.

"What makes you think I want to be your friend," his dark eyes search my face.

I think the opposite, quite honestly. I'm just surprised he's stayed here in front of me for this long.

"Everybody needs a friend," I smile, averting my bright green eyes from his.

I need a friend.

That's true for some. Sometimes, people don't want friends and they like to be alone. That's not me.