36

"That was complete and utter bullshit." AMARA YELLED, storming into the Wayne Mansion.

"What happened, Ms. Subram?" Alfred asked, holding a tray of food.

Amara took her armor off and set it on a counter. She was handed a robe from Alfred and she thanked him.

"It's someone from my past, again."

"Who is it?"

"His name is Zagreus, son of Hades. He's the god of death, dark spirits and the underworld. He's bad news. I thought he died. But I guess he still rules what we call 'hell.' My only option is to kill him." She explained, sitting down on the couch, running a hand through her hair.

She began to eat her dinner, and turned on the TV. Alfred sat down on the other couch to her right and began to scroll through channels for Amara.

"Do you like it?" He asked, looking through shows and movies.

"The food? Yes. Did you make this Alfredo yourself?"

"Yes. I used a family recipe."

"It's very good, thank you."

"What about Bruce?" The butler asked, looking at Amara.

"They're all possessed. All of them, including Bruce. It's hard to get people back from Zagreus."

"So you will just give up?"

"No, of course not. I know what to do. It might not be enjoyable or pretty, but it is what it is. I'll also kill Zagreus, which won't be a problem either." She said normally.

"I wish I could understand."

"It's all very overwhelming. Above all, it makes me angry. I'm finally ready to move on and start my new life. And people from my past just happen to show up, thinking it's okay to mess up what I have. I hate being this old."

"I would hate it as well, Ms. Subram. What of you and Mr. Curry?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you guys still together?"

"Yes. Or course. I love him too much to let him go or leave him." She said, her heart warming at the thought of—well just Arthur.

"You two are meant for each other. Everyone can see it." He said, smiling at her.

"Yeah, we get that a lot. But thank you, it means so much."

After about an hour of talking with Alfred, Amara felt tired. The bags under her eyes were obvious and she couldn't stop yawning.

"I'm tired Alfred. Where am I staying in?"

"The guest room." He replied.

"Which one?" She asked, with a chuckle. "There are so many."

"You choose, Ms. Subram."

"Thank you. Goodnight. First thing in the morning, we're getting Bruce back."

~

Amara woke up, ready to go and fight for her friends. For a good part of her life, she had been fighting and going to war. It was sadly the norm for her. She was used to it. War was a constant in her life. It was the constant in her long life. Fighting was her version of dancing. Chaos and rage were normal feelings.

She put her stealth suit, which was tight but comfortable. It was good for running and doing all sorts of movements. She had her weapons in a big duffle bag. But all she really needed where her fists, red lipstick, and her queen-like attitude. There was a big chance she'd be fighting over 20 of Zagreus' armies, plus the Justice League. So she put several small knives in the many pockets of her suit. She also put a picture of her and Arthur in their first home together in the main pocket.

She left the guest room to be greeted by Alfred.

"Good morning Amara. Would you like to eat?"

"Hi Alfred. I have to go. War is calling me, and I can't hang up." She said happily, going down the stairs. "I'm going to get our heroes back.. and my boyfriend."

He quickly followed her.
"But you need to eat. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

"Okay okay. Just a coffee fine, thank you for your concern. I fight better on an empty stomach."

After a cup of coffee, she boarded the jet and searched through all of Gotham City. Finally, she found Zagreus dressed in a suit with legs crossed; sitting on a bench.

What the fuck? She thought, parking the jet somewhere nearby and walked towards him.

"Where are my friends? My boyfriend?"  She asked, standing in front of him.

"They're not here." He replied, looking up at her.

"I know that dipshit. I have eyes." She replied harshly.

The warrior stepped aside, picking up a truck and threw it at Zagreus. He caught it, throwing it somewhere else.

"Can you stop trying to kill me for two seconds?!" The god said, standing up and straightened his suit.

"I don't want to kill you. I just want my friends back." She said, taking her helmet off and wind made her black hair look like a L'Oreal commercial.

"You hurt me, Andromeda. You scarred me."

"Oh, stop with the drama. It does not suit you."

"You obviously don't understand. You were always the favorite. Even my dad loved you more than me. They still do. Even in their deaths, they call your their favorite. You are their firstborn." He told her.

"I am aware of that, yes."

"And I.. oh, I adored you."

Flashback starts now.

The skies were bright blue, with clouds looking exactly like cotton balls. It was beautiful. There was no other country in the world, like the country of Greece. The sounds of waves crashing against the rocks filled the city of Athens. Training also went on in Athens, they had to always be prepared. No matter what. Swords clashing, cursing in Greek and the sounds of shield throwing was heard.

But up above, that is where the real fighting took place. The chosen one by the gods, Andromeda of Ethiopia, was being trained by Athena. Mount Olympus was the home of the gods, and they only chose one.

"You are an excellent fighter. But you need complete assurance that you'll win every fight." Athena said, kicking Andromeda in the chest.

"You just knocked the air out of me," Andromeda replied, taking a few short breaths before punching Athena twice and tackled her down. "When will I get my abilities?"

"You have proved yourself worthy. The ceremony will start later tonight."

~

After a long and hard day of training, Andromeda walked around Mount Olympus; drinking some water from a stream. Out of the shadows, emerged the son of Hades.

"Hello Andromeda, how are you? I've missed you." Zagreus said.

"Hello. I'm good, thank you for asking."

He took some steps closer to her, which resulted in her raising an eyebrow. She walked away from him and he quickly followed the princess.

"So when will you get your abilities?" He asked, trying to be as close as possible.

"Tonight."

She noticed that he was following her, and she turned to face him.

"That's great. I will be there, Andromeda."

"Sure." She replied, to go get ready for ceremony.