17: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 17

I walked out the doorway and closed the door on my way out, ignoring my brother’s idiotic ramblings behind me and followed Jett to where is motorbike was parked further down the driveway.

“So,” I said, coming to a stop in front of his bike while he passed me the extra helmet, “where exactly are we going?”

Jett just turned to me and smiled. “Well, since you love riding on my bike so much I thought I’d take you for a long drive around the outskirts of town before heading to the café for dinner… if that’s okay with you.” he replied, sounding unsure of himself at the end.

I smirked at him. “I think you just want to spend more alone time with me.” I said teasingly, grabbing the extra helmet that was dangling from his hand before placing it on my head.

I expected him to roll his eyes or tease me back but instead, he looked down at his feet. “Maybe.” he muttered quietly. At that moment, I was glad that the visor on this helmet was down because I felt a light rosy blush spread across my cheeks. He looked up at me and smiled before helping me fasten the straps of the helmet; which I still couldn’t get the hang of doing up.

“Thanks.” I said, putting the slightly awkward conversation we had in the past.

Jett smiled at me, but not his usual smile. No, this time it was a small smile in which his mouth was closed but one side of his mouth came up slightly to show his emotions. It was definitely a cute smile. “No problem.” he replied, before teasingly knocking on the top of my helmet; at which I scrunched up my nose. “Let’s go.” he said, nodding to the bike, slipping on his own helmet before climbing on.

I climbed onto the back of the motorbike, circling my arms around Jett’s stomach and holding on tight. Jett kicked the bike into gear and in no time at all we were headed down my driveway and towards the outskirts of town.

It would usually take somebody driving at normal speed around fifteen minutes or so to reach the outskirts of town, however, with Jett speeding slightly and dodging in and out of cars on his bike, we arrived at the outskirts in just under ten minutes. Once we found ourselves driving around the outskirts, Jett slowed the bike’s speed slightly so we could look around at the surroundings.

I’ve been down these roads a couple of times when I felt like just taking a drive around town, but, whether it be that I just never took the time to take a good look at the scenery or the fact that this time I was on the back of a motorbike; it looked amazing. The trees were for the most part free of leaves and had a bit of snow piled on top of the branches, the ground was covered in a very light blanket of snow and the view of the mountains was beautiful because, even though it was only slightly after six, the sun was slowly starting to set and you could see the various colours of the sky behind them.