•64•

Hearing Geongmin suddenly calling him like that, like a shaky whisper in the air then turning around and seeing the red on her hanbok spreading till she falls, Namjoon can't breathe. Namjoon can't move, can't think, can't fucking do anything because his eyes are glued to her body, her chest heaving in an unnatural pattern.

A laugh echos throughout the hall, it's evil, stomach churning, almost lunatic. Lee Byunghyun's voice booms across the hall. "How's that, Your Majesty?!" he cackles from the ground. "How does it feel now knowing that no one can do your duty for you?!" Yoongi grabs him, punches him in the face once. Byunghun is unfazed. "Long live Korea's gay king!" he shouts. "With him comes the end of the Royal Kim line!" 

Namjoon sees red at those words. This. This had been Byunghyun's plan all along. He had never intended on shooting Namjoon, his objective the whole time had been Geongmin.

And he doesn't want to believe it. To him, it's all just a hallucination, a dream, definitely a dream. At least, this is what he tells himself till he hears Jungkook scream and throws himself down to grab Geongmin's body.

"Noona," he whispers, clutching her body and cradling it in his arms as the tears stream from his eyes. "Noona, please. Hang on for a bit."

"Someone call the royal physicians!" someone shouts, his grandmother. That was his grandmother's voice and it brings Namjoon out of his stupor.

His entire body shook with the effort it took to keep his voice steady. He kneels down next to Geongmin, whose eyes flicker towards him, followed by a weak smile.

"Hey," she says, bringing up a hand shakily to cup Namjoon's face. "It's okay if you cry," she whispers, "but I'll be okay."

Lies. Both he and Jungkook could tell from the wound. It was bad, it was really bad.

"Move aside," Yoongi's voice orders, as he rips a piece off of Namjoon's hanbok and bundles it up frantically before he presses it tightly against her chest wound. "Damn it," he curses, "Damn it there's a lot of blood." His eyes meet hers for a moment and he goes back to the wound. 

"You're strong," he whispers, "you can hold off till the physicians get here."

Weakly, Geongmin shakes her head. "I'm not that strong," she murmurs. And Yoongi feels something inside him break.

"Shut up," he tells her. "Shut the fuck up."

Geongmin isn't looking at any of them anymore, her eyes are hazy and just staring into the ceiling. Then she laughs, and it's just a heaving mess. "I wanted to marry you, you asshole," she states, wincing with every word, the tears streaming down her face as he purses her lips together to try and stop the waterworks. "I wanted to fucking marry you."

The general's heart clenched so painfully that he flinched. "No," Yoongi states, voice shaking, "No, fuck it Min-Min, you can't—you can't fucking say that to me right now."

She smiles, a chuckle interrupted by a series of coughs, each cough bringing out drips of blood. She whimpers a bit, closes her eyes. 

"All of you stop making a big deal out of this," she orders, "I'm fine and you'll make Grandma's blood pressure go up." There's a sudden racing of her heart and her head fell back in Jungkook's arms as she begins gasping for breath, a sudden burn that's struggling to keep her alive.

A gasp escapes her and she closes her eyes, her previous words to Kim Seokjin entering her head. 

Why should someone innocent have to die because someone wanted revenge?

Tears well up in her eyes and a new burning sentation was slowly making its way to her lungs. This was so unfair. It was such a struggle to draw in each breath. Every attempt to breathe brought with it a new agony, a new burning from deep inside.