Chapter Twenty-Two

When Glenn answered the door, it wasn't really a surprise. He came off as almost giddy as he greeted them, a huge grin on his face as he held open the door. Lawson didn't even bother to ask him if he was happy about him and Nathan being back together. It was a stupid question anyways.

"Nate's in the kitchen," Glenn explained, noticing the way Lawson glanced at the empty living room. "There's wine in there too". Still smiling- Lawson wondered if that would ever fade- he lead the couple into the small kitchen and immediately moved to the counter, where there was indeed a bottle of wine.

"Wine?" Lawson repeated, watching Glenn pour the dark red liquid into two stemless wine glasses. "What are we, like, sophisticated or something?" Glenn handed both Sean and him a glass, and Sean thanked him silently before chuckling at Lawson. It was Nathan, who was standing before the stove stirring something, who answered.

"Glenn likes wine". Lawson could see that from the way the light haired boy finished his glass only to pour himself another one with an affectionate look at his boyfriend. It was returned, and they stayed like that, just looking at one another before Nathan snapped out of it, looking over his shoulder at Lawson. "What would you prefer? Tequila? Remember what happened last time you had tequila?"

Lawson felt Sean's finger slip in one of his back belt loops, tugging gently, and he shot his boyfriend a look before smiling. "Uh, Yeah, I got a boyfriend".

"You also blacked out," Sean pointed out not even a second later, but Lawson just shrugged.

"That does not change the end result". With a loud sigh, Sean pulled Lawson back against him by tugging his belt loop, and then shaked an arm around his waist.

As Glenn cupped his wine glass with both hands, he smiled over the rim at Lawson knowingly, as if he could hear the rapid pounding of his heart from across the room.

"What's the story behind the rings?" Sean asked suddenly, and Lawson tried to look over his shoulder at him in confusion, but couldn't with the other boy's unwavering grip on his waist. "I noticed them at the coffee shop last weekend but didn't ask".

"Oh," Nate said, voice smallas he turned, leaning back against the stove. He held his hand out in front of him, displaying the silver ring that he wore on his ring finger. Without looking, Lawson knew there was an identical ring on Glenn's hand. "Pearson".

"They're Nathan's Christmas gift," Glenn explained without pause, looking at his own ring fondly. "He was very embarrassed".

"And the best part-" Nate moved away from the stove as he slipped off his ring. As he came to a stop in front of them, he was examining the inside, but he soon turned it towards them. Even though Lawson already knew what the engraving in the ring said, he narrowed his eyes to see it. Glathan.

"Is that-"

"Our couple name," Glenn explained, seeming less than thrilled, but he made a happy noise when Nate went over to him to kiss his jaw.

"They also have matching tennis rackets that say that," Lawson said, and Sean made a little noise of surprise.

"Oh. I didn't realize you two played tennis as well," he said, and Nathan and Glenn shared a little look.

"We were doubles partners actually," Glenn explained as Nate nodded along. "I'm surprised Lawson hasn't mentioned this".

"Yeah," Nate agreed, expression smug. "We were kind of a big deal. You know, state champs and all". Without looking at one another, Glenn and Nate high fived, and then Nathan moved back to the stove to stir what Lawson thought looked like spaghetti sauce. With an eye roll, Lawson leaned back against Sean.