Chapter Twenty-Three

A/N Heads up, I don't like this chapter. It was annoying to write, and even worse to edit.

Ever since Sean and him had started dating, Reese had been bugging him to bring Sean over some time, or to meet him and Kye for for lunch, but the second Nathan had mentioned Sean and Lawson spending the night into their group chat- created by Reese of course- the boy had become insufferable. At every hour of the day, Lawson received countless text messages begging him to let them meet Sean. Somehow, Lawson made it about a week and a half before giving in, and the messages thankfully stopped once they made plans to get coffee Thursday afternoon, after Lawson's morning class, and before Sean's night class.

There really was no reason for Sean not to meet his friends at this point, except of course for the fact that Reese would probably hit on him, which would make both Lawson and Kye want to punch the small boy in the face. When Lawson warned Sean of this the Tuesday night before, he had only laughed and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm fine being hit on. I won't act on it if that's what you're worried about," Sean promised, eyebrows raised as he waited to see how Lawson reacted to this.

He scoffed and shot his boyfriend a you know that's not it look that made Sean laugh. "I don't think he'll try to take you from me, and I'm not worried about you leaving me for him. It's just annoying in general that he can't keep it in his pants". The expression Sean had in response made Lawson roll his eyes, and then snort, because keeping it in their pants wasn't something either of them had been that good at as of late.

In fact, ever since that night at Nathan's, they could barely keep their hands off of one another. Something about all of that pent up sexual frustration finally being released resulted in multiple sexual situations over the last week and a half- not that Lawson was complaining.

Lawson was thinking about how nice it would be to get out and go somewhere- that wasn't Sean's bed- when he pulled his truck into the parking lot of his boyfriend's building. He sent Sean a quick text before turning up the techno music on the radio and closing his eyes, enjoying the breeze from the open window.

It was his favorite time of the year in Florida, where the weather had finally cooled to the point that wearing a sweater outside didn't result in being drenched in sweat. Hell, holiday break was just over a month and a half away already. In less than two months, Sean would be returning home for break.

Lawson has been thinking about that a lot lately, but each time it came up he pushed the thoughts back, as he did right then. It was a good thing too, because Sean was pulling the passenger side door open not even a second later and climbing into the car.

"Hey," Sean greeted, and something was off about his voice, but Lawson didn't place it until after his boyfriend had kissed him and settled back in the seat.

"You look exhausted," Lawson blurted it before realizing that was probably rude. Thankfully, Sean just cracked a small smile, seeming amused. "Sorry, that didn't come out right, but seriously Sean, you alright?"

"I'm fine," Sean assured, pulling his seatbelt over his chest. Lawson must have looked skeptical, because Sean looked back at him and sighed. "Really, Lawson. I'm okay. I just didn't sleep well last night is all".

"Oh". Lawson frowned. "Well do you want to reschedule? I-"

"You," Sean interrupted with a smile, "would never hear the end of it". It wasn't hard to figure he was referring to Reese, and Lawson sighed in defeat. "I'm really fine. Coffee will probably help, actually".

Lawson didn't voice any more concern, but he did reach over and take Sean's hand as he drove, brushing his thumb over his knuckles as he hoped his boyfriend was keeping something from him for a good reason.