Part 7

Published: August 18, 2019- April 8, 2020

After an hour of passing through a familiar road as it was also the way to Meme's place, Katelyn arrived in front of a driveway, designed in a rectangular block framed with concrete cobble. Surrounded on both sides by a manicured garden, and at the end of it stood a two stories colossal mansion, which speaks old money. Looking at it, no one can notice that a party was going on. It is the faint music and blaze of lights that betrayed it.

Jared parked his car not on the front of the house property line but rather at the next house as Katelyn will not go down unless he did. The reason was simple; she doesn't want anybody to see who brought her to the party.

After she told him of her intention to attend the party, he told her in a non-negotiable way that he will bring her there himself. Katelyn, whose awareness of contradicting him will trigger his childishness; just decided to affirm on his decision to avoid further discussion else it will lead him in refusing to let her go. So her plan of going with Nicole was canceled.

Fortunately, Nicole didn't dig on about her reason as she was busy raving about the surprise she had found out about Tess.

It was only the next day; Katelyn realized that to acquiesce on his decision will also showcase his dominance. All-day long, he let her do all the things he wanted without question.

After they had their breakfast, in which, of course, she made it as Mrs. Smith had a day off on weekends that Jared was at home, he went to his study. While she was cleaning the dining area, their doorbell rang. Katelyn opened it to his PA, ushering people coming in with arrays of clothes and bags. It was only then she had realized that Jared had ordered it for her to choose from as well as a make-up artist.

He was not there at those times when the stylist transformed her into what she is. Still, she felt his presence in what was done on her, maybe because she was reluctant to make a fuss on everything.

Back in the U.K., attending a party to her was just to wear a dress that was not her usual everyday outfit of tea dress and tights and put on her usual routine on her face, her favorite foundation, and a lipstick.

"I will pick you up after three hours as I will be here around. I'll go visit someone as I'm in the neighborhood," Jared told her and made her wandering mind came back to present.

Katelyn took a deep breath and turned to face him. Though a bit irritated by his bossiness since last night, she still told him in her softest voice," I can go back with Nicole, so no need to pick me up."

"I will be here," he told her in his most serious voice.

"Jared, can I call you before you come instead of being here, after three hours?" she asked sotto voce.

"Why?" he turned to look at her. In that instant, she also feels something on her eyes that made her flutter her eyelashes.

"What happens to your eyes?"

"I feel something is in there," Katelyn told him and then removed the rearview mirror to examine it. A hand touched her face. "Let me see it."

Still batting her eyelashes, she turned her head to face him but making sure not to stare at him. Being near him made Katelyn felt the warmness of his breath, and her naughty mind remembered the kiss that they had shared before. She tried to stop her mind from further divulging into those memories by trying to open her bag on her lap.

"Stop fidgeting," upon hearing his commanding voice, Katelyn stopped what she was doing. "There is a fallen eyelash," he told her, and then she heard him pulled a tissue and then felt him swiping on her lower eyelids.