Chapter 5

On a hot summer day, when no one would dare to go outside unless they are ready to burn themselves, 7 boys are on their knees with both of their hands hanging up high out in the backyard. They all look miserable under the blazing sun.

"Maybe we should let them go inside!"

"No, they need to learn their lesson!"

So,....

What happened was, our gang was just hanging out around the block like any other day. Then we saw a group of bullies harassing the middle school kids in the neighborhood. And we stepped in, beat those pretend-to-be gangsters, and became the heroes of the day. It was pretty cool. Only until we were all dragged to the police station. And of course, our parents found out about it and here we are, suffocating in the intense heat of the summer.

The door is suddenly opened and Handsome Dad walks out with a legendary wooden stick in his hand, followed by my mom. I don't know why but whoever made that stick is, or was, an evil person with a horrible soul. One hit by it and you are done for the week. Literally.

"Do all of you youngsters know what you did wrong now?" Says my dad.

"Yes, sir" we harmonize together.

"And reflect on those bad choices and actions?" Continued by my dad.

"Yes, sir!" Again we sounds like we're in boot camp.

"Ok, good. I'm proud of you. Let's go inside"

As expected of my Handsome Dad, he lets us go just like that. And when we are about to get up, I hear my Mom shouts, "YAH!!! How could you say that? These boys were engaged in a fight! There must be punishment!!!" As my mom takes the stick from his hand.

Oh, boy, my mom is in full Luna-of-the-pack mode, I thought to myself and we all leave out a long sigh. We are doomed!

"But Mrs. Kwon, they were at fault first!"  Hoseok hyung says in response.

"Yes, Mom, they are bullers!" I adds but someone hit me in the head.

"Bullies!! It's bullies, you noodle!" Says Jimin while I hears some chuckle coming from both of my sides.

"Please, Mrs. Kwon, let us go. It's too hot out here!" Yoongi hyung says

"Mom, we just wanted to help those kids out" Namjoon hyung jumps in.

"It's true, Mom!" Added by JungKook.

"So it's right for you guys to just go and beat them up! Violence is not the answer to everything!" My mom screams while pointing the wooden stick at us.

"Taehyunnie's oemma, we didn't do anything wrong. In fact, we are the heroes the day. You can ask those kids we just saved!" Jin hyung adds in to my Mom's frustration while all of us just want to slap ourselves in the face because of his unreasonable foolishness and bad timing!

"Sister-in-law, don't be too harsh on them. They did good. Those brainless scumbags can only be taught a lesson with a good beating anyway" a voice comes out from inside of the house.

"You should be out here with them too, Hyungsik! How could you just let them do that when you were there, especially as a doctor?" My mom questions uncle in complete anger.

"Hey, I was just passing by when I saw them fighting. Besides, I already told the police what happened. They wouldn't let these boys go if I wasn't there as a witness!" My uncle makes his points while my mom looks like she's ready to hit him at any time.