Chapter 34: Nightmare

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

The smell of freshly made pancakes snapped me out of my slumber, as I lazily stretched on my bed.

"Mhmm" I groaned, sinking deeper into the bed and burying myself under the covers.

"Hey Dubu~" a soft voice sang out as I felt a figure sitting beside me. A warm pair of hands played with my hair as the voice urged me to get up and ready.

"Hey baby wake up~" the voice got louder, the figure leaned in near my ear "You're going to be late" the figure left a trail of soft kisses from behind my ear, to my neck and finally on my lips.

"Momo-ya go away!" I whined as I pushed my girlfriend away from me "Nope. Come on, I made breakfast" the Japanese girl spoke kissing my forehead "Also, Siwoo called, yours and Joy's new single is first on the charts" she smiled cupping my face with her warm and soft hands.

"Congrats, baby~" Momo sang out, connecting her lips with mine.

I could never get tired of this, of her. I could never get tired of her face, of her dorkiness. I could never get tired of sleeping next to her, waking up next to her.

"Congratulations, Kim Dahyun!" a faceless figure laughed, pulling out a gun.

"Wh-What--"

"Oh you're so rich, yet can't even afford a proper security system" the figure smirked, throwing Momo off the bed and pinning her on the ground.

"Congrats, baby~" the figure mocked, pulling the trigger.

"DAHYUN?" Wendy's voice echoed in my head.

"Dahyunie?" a pair of hands shook me awake.

I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the dim lightning of the unknown room.

"Are you okay?" Sooyoung asked while wiping the single tear that slowly rolled down my face.

"I--" I started, everyone was looking at me. "I'm fine. It was just a nightmare"

"Hey if it's about Momo, don't worry. She's fine, okay?" Sooyoung reassured me, caressing my cheek. "It's late, go back to sleep. We will figure it out" the female softly spoke.

"I don't want to sleep" I whispered and she hummed, hugging me. Sooyoung's embrace provided a sense of security.

"Is there anyone who would want to hurt Momo-ssi?" Yeri asked, scribbling away on her notebook.

It's been hours since we have all gathered at Jihyo's place, trying to figure out what's going on.

"Why would there be someone? Momo seems so likeable" Wendy said laying on the floor beside Sana, who seemed devastated. "It just doesn't make any sense!" Chaeyoung groaned tiredly, waving her arms around "How can she be fine one day and then the other just vanish?" the short girl breathed out, laying her head on Mina's lap.

"Are we sure she didn't just decide to leave?" Tzuyu asked "Seokjin's behaviour hurt her, so it would make sense if she just went away, I guess" the tallest had a point.

"This reminds me so much of when Dahyun left" Nayeon whined and everyone apart from Sooyoung and Yerim glared at her "I'm sorry but we did the exact same thing and I can't help but want to cry right now" the brunette whined. 

"Please excuse her, she's drunk" Jeongyeon stated and waved Nayeon off, signaling the girls to get back to figuring out where Momo is.

"Okay. I may be watching too many criminal-themed shows, but what if, just if, you guys got involved in some drama recently" Sooyoung spoke, still embracing me while playing with my hair.

"What drama?" Sana asked from the floor "We are not that bad Sooyoung-ah"

"No no! I didn't mean it like that" Sooyoung replied "I was wondering if maybe you got into a fight with someone lately" she exlained "Any of you?"

"Yeah, there are a lot of gangs in Seoul. Maybe you got one of their people mad and  they tried to find a way to, I don't know, punish you?" Yeri added carefully eyeing all of the girls inside Jihyo's apartment.

"Uh..J-Jihyo?" Wendy slightly tapped the younger's shoulder, making the latter turn to face her. "Hmm?" Jihyo hummed leaning closer in order to hear Wendy's words. "Do you think this has to do with m-me?" the older asked and Jihyo scoffed.

Why would Seungwan be involved in this whole thing, she didn't know anyone other than the girls and..

"Hear me out" Wendy insisted "Maybe it has to do with I-Irene" she whispered and Jihyo clenched her fists while gritting her teeth.

"So she really wants round two?" Jihyo growled making the rest turn to look at her.

"What did you say?" Mina asked

"This bitchface Ir--" Jihyo started only to pause when Wendy placed a hand on her shoulder, smiling sadly.

"I told Jihyo that I might be the problem to the whole situation. The only fight we've had outside of our friend group was the day I got out of the hospital" Seungwan explained and Jeongyeon sat up from her seat, furrowing her eyebrows. "I think that Irene might be involved in this. You guys almost killed each other that day" she added.

"She can't do shit" Chaeyoung barked. Even if she couldn't see, she could totally feel the tense atmosphere in the room.

"Although I'd like to think she is the person who did it, Juhyun never really opened up about herself so we don't really have evidence" Wendy spoke again "Although, she was always mysteriously going out and never returning home for the night. Or would get those weird looking scars on her body, that seemed like cuts. I never asked her about them though because she would get mad and well.." Seungwan trailed off and Yeri slowly raised up from her seat, throwing her pen and notebook away.

"Juhyun? Bae Juhyun?" the waitress asked and the room that was filled with mumbles and whispers a few moments ago, went dead silent.

"Yeah. How do you know her?"

"She's the leader of Velvet"