Part 22

The fight between the low-tiers were over, Lin being the winner. Now, it was time for the fight which would take the longest, considering the fact that this tier makes up over 50% of the entire population.

The mid-tiers.

"Since there are so many of you mid-tiers, we decided to do the fights a bit differently! We are first going to do 4 vs 4, and based on ability level we will split you up into fair teams. Then that team will go on to fight the next team of 4. After that, the team that wins will go into a 2 vs 2, and finally a 1 vs 1. This is only because of the high amount of mid-tiers here at Wellston." Keene said.

Headmaster Vaughn nodded his head approvingly.

"Alright, now we will choose the teams." Headmaster Vaughn said, then assessed the students. Thankfully, the ability gauger wrote down their levels, so they could show them to him.

Hower, Skrev, Juni, and Illena will be on one team, which we will call 'Team A'.

Rouker, Brian, Krolik, and Heinz will be on 'Team B'.

Keene looked around, seeing eight students left.

Gavin, Tanner, Tanisha, and Miri will be on 'Team C'.

Tazuki, Heather, Oran, and Brea will be on 'Team D'.

Headmaster Vaughn finished deciding.

"We will first have Team A and Team B fight against each other! Now, let's begin!"

Hower's eyes flowed bright blue, and he decided to take the first move. He charged at a teen in a bright red mask.

Heinz.

Hower took his palm, burning hot, and punched him.

He threw a vertical punch with his rear hand, noticing that Heinz, for some reason, started slipping.

The strategic utility of the drop relying on body weight can deliver a great deal of power.

However, this didn't work exactly how Hower wanted it to.

Heinz threw a punch with his dominant hand as soon as Hower tried punching him. The blow crossed over the leasing arm.

A cross.

It is a power-punch like the uppercut and hook.

This worked in Heinz's favor, causing Hower to stumble a bit.

In spite of that, Heinz felt a burning sensation in his hand, caused by Hower.

He cursed Hower in his head.

Juni realized she should've told Hower that that would happen.

But if he didn't make the first move, it would be her getting attacked first.

It was a egotistic move on her part, but that's how humans are.

Selfish.

The world isn't all 'rainbows and unicorns.' Kindness and sincerity won't always be reciprocated. And charitable actions won't inspire others to do the same, most of the time.

Rouker fired a missile at Illena.

She dodged it, barely missing it.

Illena swiftly ran to Rouker, her eyes blowing a menacing blue. With her ability activated, she threw a strong punch at him, in the stomach.

This caused him to let out a yell of pain.

"Ughh..."

He shouldn't have attacked Illena. But then again, everyone is masked. He wouldn't know.