john shelby: cheat.

The rain pounding against your bedroom windows did nothing to help your emotions, only making them more unwelcome with every passing second. You looked out of the window and watched as kids darted up the street so they wouldn't get caught up in the storm that had targeted Small Heath, their clothes soaked yet smiles still there as they playfully ran with their friends. Dark clouds that loomed over Small Heath blackened the streets even more than they usually were, the rain striking the floor and bouncing back up as they landed with a heavy thud. The storm would pass soon and the sunshine would come back out but the thunderstorm would remain in your house as you unleashed all your anger out onto John.

It had been over three hours since you had seen him tucked away in his small office area with the woman you loathed so much, a smile on his face as he pressed his lips against her mouth. You didn't make a scene and instead decided to walk away and keep your tears at bay until you reached your marital home, discharging all the emotions that had gathered up inside of you on the walk back.

You were conflicted with your thoughts. A part of you wanted to forgive John immediately and not finish the marriage that you thought was stronger than anything. You loved him so much that it hurt, he was your other half and you worshipped the ground that he walked on but you didn't want to be a fool and remain in a marriage where the love was clearly one sided.

You knew for a fact that you deserved better than John Shelby who you currently thought of as a man with no backbone, a cheat and a liar. He was the father of your children though, the love your life and the thought of being without him sickened you but it also repulsed you when you pictured him with his arm wrapped another girl's waist, his mouth on hers as they planned confidential getaways where they would more than likely laugh behind your back.

It was the sound of your name ringing through the house that brought you away from the thoughts that had been tainting your mind all day, John's familiar accent singing along to some tune as he made his way into the kitchen to get a drink. Your heart stopped as you listened to him from upstairs, hearing the dishes been banged around and the cheerfulness in his voice. Your blood boiled at that, his arrogance something that you should have expected but it still surprised you.

"You alright, darling?" John asked as he made his way into the bedroom, preoccupied with trying to figure out where the kids were to notice your distant mood.

"The kids are spending the night at Polly's," you said, voice raw from all of the crying you had done in the recent hours.

Polly hadn't once questioned your tear-stained face and stuffy nose when you brought the kids over to hers without warning, simply nodding and moving the children inside before comforting you with a hug. She whispered in your ear that everything would be alright, whatever it was but you laughed in her face at that, nothing would be alright again.

John nodded once, not daring to move any closer. "You alright?" he repeated, asking the question that you had ignored previously.

John gulped as he watched you look down at the ground, your arms crossed over your chest. He knew that he had fucked up but his ignorance was shocking and for a moment, John genuinely thought that it was over something foolish like not doing the dishes when you asked. It hit him though when you finally looked up at him, your eyes red-rimmed and cheeks stained from all of the tears you had cried.

"Do I not satisfy you anymore, John?" you asked, watching as he blinked a few times at your question. "Is it since I had Edward?" you continued, referring to your youngest child that you had delivered a few months previously. "I thought we satisfied each other, thought we loved each other - " you cut yourself off with a sob, your hand covering your mouth as you turned back around so you didn't have to face the man that you loved and hated.