2.10

'That's interesting, I don't recall you ever seeing Fu Junjie as a traitor,' 008 idly comments in Shi Zixin's head. 

'She wasn't. I needed an excuse to kill her,' Shi Zixin responds. 'But, I want the other spies in the camp to know that I acknowledge their existence. Force them to stay on the down low while I enact my plan.'

'You know there are other spies?' 

'With an army as big as ours, there's bound to be some.'

Two men stepped out of the crowd, glaring down in disgust at Fu Junjie's corpse. 

"We'll take care of this," one of the men comments before the two  pick up her body to throw away. Shi Zixin sighs in relief, even though guilt tickles at the back of her mind.

No, don't feel guilty. Fu Junjie somehow had the soul of that bastard within her. Is he also apart of the V.I.P system?

'...008, is he?' Eman asks within her mind, feeling 008 read her thoughts.

008 pauses for a moment. 'While I am typically not able to disclose that information, in this sort of situation I am allowed to let you know that Reginald's soul is not registered under our V.I.P system. He...lacks many of the qualifications to be registered in any transmigration system.' 

Eman gives a brief nod in response, turning her gaze back to the gathering crowd. "Alright, men, go back to bed. Training will commence as normal in the morning."

The men lowly murmured among themselves as they slowly dispersed back to their tents. With an annoyed look, Shi Zixin re-enters her tent and quickly cleans up the mess she made, pushing back thoughts of what had just happened to the back of her mind.

Shi Zixin sat down and began writing up new plans, deciding to entrust herself to Gwo Hai, who most likely won't drug her. Gwo Hai originally came as a healer, but his nimble nature as a former thief and con-artist stole his way into Shi Zixin's heart. His round face and wide eyes were untouched by the brutality of war, easily deceiving anyone, especially after he once stole all the horses in a village in a single night.

And, he most definitely wasn't a spy. After all, a Shaolian general once killed his mother and father, and he's hated that country with a burning passion ever since. It was a cheesy trope, but it worked in Shi Zixin's favor.

The next morning, Shi Zixin explained her plan to Gwo Hai, who quickly agreed to it. After Shi Zixin denoted him as her new general, she began the move of her fleet to Fort Erundal, the largest Jinzhouan camp. Shi Zixin gathered up her squadron and travelled for a week through heavy rains and winds to the hustling and bustling Fort Erundal. It seems as if the army was immensely bigger than Shi Zixin had imagined it'd be. Some of these soldiers even looked like professionals.

The effort must be going good, then. Maybe Lau Rong isn't a complete idiot...

Tents were quickly pitched by the men, all eager to relieve themselves of sopping bags. The rain seemed to have stop for now, but thick grey clouds still hung ominously above. 

Shi Zixin walked past her men, making sure each was doing their job when a small nurse approaches her. 

"Second Commander Shi," she greets with a quick bow before standing up straight again. "Chief Commander Lau would like to speak with you in his tent."

A frown worms its way onto Shi Zixin's face, but she follows regardless to Lau's tent. Shi Zixin enters and sees U.C Lau working at a wooden desk.

"Surprised to see me alive and not dead with the other originals?" Shi Zixin greets, causing the other commander to look up from his work, a blank expression still on his face.