Chapter: 19

Emma

"Mommy!"

"Mommy why did you leave us?"

"Will you ever come back?"

Their voice called out to me but I couldn't see them. As their voices faded and the darkness I saw soon lit up a bit. Far from where I stood three figures appear. I walked closer but that got me no where no matter how much I walk it was like I stayed in the same place. The laughter of children became present and I knew very well who they belonged to. I watch from afar as the two smaller figures ran around the talker one as they laughed and play.

"Haha you can't catch me"

"Yes I can...mommy said I could do anything"

"Daddy...look at us"

The taller one wasn't looking at the kids, instead I could feel his gaze on me. He held his hand out to me. He stepped away from the kids causing them to stop running. The kids also looked my direction. I saw as tears ran down their cheeks as they called out something. They both  tried to run up to me but some type of force pulled them back.

I watch as they gave up and held each other, the man was still standing there with his hand held up for me to take. I took a step forward then another till I began to run to try to take his hand in mine. The hand that I missed holding so much, the only being that could make my heart skip a beat.

I cried out to them. But I couldn't get closer, my vision blurred as tears began to fall. I stopped and fell to my knees.

"Emma I could have protected you"

"Why leave me"

"I love you Em!"

"I love you Mommy!"

As these words left their lips, they began to fade away as well.

"No come back!"

"I love you too!"

"I did it to protect you all of you!...please don't leave me!"

It was no use soon I became surrounded by darkness once more.

"Em-"

What?

I looked around as I heard someone call me.

"Emma wake up!" Jade's voice came from beside me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Jade looking at me with a worried expression. As I sit up I hold my children's stuffed animals close to my chest.

"I'm alright Jade. It was only a dream..." I give her a small smile. A dream that felt to real...

Why did I have such a dream? Did I do wrong in trying to protect them by erasing me from their memory?

"Are you sure?" I nod as she sits next to me holding my hand in hers. "Don't worry Jade. So what brings you here?" I ask her as I wanted to change the subject.

She narrows her eyes at me for a moment before speaking. " We have to hurry up and get things ready to leave, our flight to the palace is quite far and we will need lots of time to make our selves beautiful. That is what I was going to tell you until I walked in on you crying and reaching for something."

As I got off the bed and walked over my closet to get a suit case "alright I'll start packing. I'll meet you guys downstairs in ten" with that said she goes out of my room leaving me to finish packing.

*******

Ten minutes later I was down with my suitcase. Everyone was already putting away their things into their cars.

"Em!"

I turn to find Neil waving me over to his car. As I get closer a pack member takes my suitcase and puts it in Neil's car. "You'll be riding with us" I nod and open the door of the back seat. Jade was already sitting there. "Em I can't wait to get you all dolled up!!!" I can tell she was excited, will that's an understatement she was just thrilled to arrive. "I bet you can't wait Jade. You'll look even more beautiful than you are now"

With that being said she kept of talking about what make up she'll use on me or how my hair would look.

That was basically the whole conversation during the drive to the airport. I could see Neil giving me a ' it sucks to be you right now' look from the passenger seat.

We got off the car and made out way up the stairs and into the private jet, that would take us to our destination. As I sat there thing of my dear family and what that dream I had was all about. Could that dream be connected to what those beings had told me about last night?

So many questions and yet no answer for any of them. Why does this have to happen to me, just why me...no later I couldn't help but fall asleep....

"You want to know a secret little bird? Your my favorite out of all of these lunas" I could feel his disgusting breath close to my ear as he spoke to me. "You wanna know why?" I could feel him drag the sharp dagger from my cheek, slowly down my neck. If he were to use any more pressure, he would cut me.

"I'll tell you why....it's because there is something about you that is special. Out of all the Luna's here...you my little bird are stronger, and oh so beautiful" he said as he tilted my head so I would look at him. I shot him a glare full of hate and disgust.

"Such a brave little bird...to bad your trapped in this cage and can't fly free" he laughed darkly as he suddenly held me by the throat.i felt as my breath was running out. His grip on me kept tightening, tears began to fall. If my arms and legs weren't chained to the wall I would try to set myself free.

"And even if you get free...I'll always find you"