Seven.

He admits.

He was afraid when Joo-hyung popped out of nowhere and suddenly appeared in his life, a life where he thought was complete.

Joo-hyung ... is right here, right in front of him. Joo-hyung ... the man he loved with all his heart. Joo-hyung ... the man he thought he hated.

Joo-hyung ... Joo fucking Sung ... the motherfucker that he actually fucking hates with all his guts.

But it's time. It's finally time to show this bastard what he's got.

If he can act, so can I.

I can do better.

"Baekkie." The way he calls his name is so gentle, so careful, as if he never wants to hurt Baekhyun, but Baekhyun knows better. It takes a good actor to see one. He's not fucking fazed one bit. Knowing Joo Sung, he has a motive. And Baekhyun thinks he had seen his motive.

"Baekkie." Joo Sung had called, but his eyes had been on one place. Chanyeol's neck.

That's why Baekhyun had agreed to talk to him. Otherwise, he would've kicked the fucking bastard in the fucking balls until he was near death and then he would finally send him to fucking jail, where he deserves to rot for the rest of his fucking life.

Joo Sung looks at him so gently, so lovingly ... pfft, fuck that. Baekhyun is immune.

"He your boyfriend?" Joo Sung asks quietly. "Chanyeol, is it?" Chanyeol? Baekhyun thinks, almost smirking, except he doesn't because his heart is thumping fearfully for him. I don't remember telling you his name.

"Yeah." Baekhyun replies, watching the way the older man continues to glance towards Chanyeol.

"Look, Baekkie ... I came here to apologise." Joo Sung whispers. "I came here to say sorry, for everything I've done."

"You hurt me, Joo-hyung." Baekhyun says softly, voice trembling. He looks into Joo Sung's eyes, pretends to act like the naïve, innocent him seven years ago. "You hurt me so much." Joo Sung takes a step forward, and he takes a step back.

Act afraid, pretend he doesn't trust Joo-hyung yet.

Act afraid, pretend he doesn't want to know how his heart might react.

Act afraid, pretend he's supposed to be fucking taken, but pretend that all he's thinking about is this man before him.

"I know." Joo Sung whispers. "It was all to protect you." Baekhyun's anger flutters.

"What?" His makes his voice small and hopeful. "What ... what does that mean?"

"It means ..." Joo Sung's face is kind. Bull-fucking-shit. "It means that I had to act. It was all my fault, Baekkie, but I needed to act ... I need to protect you." Baekhyun is silent, breath hitched in his throat, trying not to let the anger control him. Instead, he takes a deep breath, pretending that he's trying to push down his tears.

"Do you believe me, Baekkie?" Joo Sung sounds so sad, but not sad enough. "I waited so long. I looked everywhere for you, but I couldn't find you."

"Yeah." Baekhyun whispers, and all he's thinking about is Chanyeol. "Yeah, I believe you."

"You've grown so much." Joo Sung's voice is soft, eyes raving over Baekhyun's face. Baekhyun wants so bad to spit in it. Then he leans in. Baekhyun can't breathe. The expensive cologne is still there, the same as ever. And it makes angry signals go off in his head.

"Your boyfriend seems to be jealous." Joo Sung chuckles. "If you want, meet me here during midnight." With that, he sends one last smile at Baekhyun, then leaves.