Base Questing

Sophie sat on top of the tree branch, watching and waiting for one of the boys to try and steal her team's flag. All of her friends had decided go over to Everglen after school to hang out, and as usual, they decided to play Base Quest right as they got home. Tam had immediately tried to call dibs on Sophie being on his team, the rest of their friends immediately looking a mixture of disappointed and jealous. But Dex had suggested that Sophie be on a team with Biana, Linh, and Marella, leaving Keefe, Dex, Fitz, and Tam on the same team. He also said they should get a 10 minute head start because of Sophie's special abilities, leaving the playing field more balanced. Biana, the unspoken Girl's  team leader, begrudgingly agreed.

A sudden snap of a tree branch on the ground brought Sophie out of her reverie, and she crouched backward in the tree branch, out of sight, waiting for the attacker to try and swipe the flag that Sophie had unfortunately been left in charge of. Sophie had an undefeated winning streak, and she wasn't about to let the Boy's team take it from her. Suddenly, Keefe's blond-haired form emerged from the trees and into the clearing, looking around, spotting the flag that was planted in the stone in the middle
of the grassy field. He crept forward slowly, getting ready to try and snatch it when he stopped suddenly and his typical Keefe smirk appeared on his face.

"Sophie, you really need to do something about reigning in your Foster Feelings, I could feel them from here. I know you're there, there's no point in hiding anyway, so just come on out, I just want to talk." Keefe said jokingly, looking around the clearing for Sophie.

Sophie smiled to herself softly and jumped out of the tree, startling Keefe.
"Hurry up and speak, otherwise I will tag you."
She said jokingly.

"Can I kiss you?" Keefe asked nervously, looking directly into Sophie's eyes.

Sophie immediately turned a bright red, her skin flushing all the way to her neck.
"Keefe we're supposed to be playing Base Quest right now, what if someone shows up?" All of their friends knew that she and Keefe were dating, but she didn't want to go through the traumatizing experience of having one of her friends catching her and Keefe in the middle of a heated makeout session.

"Relax Sophie, no one's here. I told all of the boys to stay away and on my way here I saw all of your teammates headed in the same direction, toward our flag. So just relax and enjoy my ridiculously awesome kissing skills."
Sophie let out a small smile at his final remark, closing her eyes and nodding her head yes to let Keefe know she agreed.

She heard Keefe's slow footsteps as he approached her and just as she was about to tell him to hurry up, his lips touched hers softly and she felt him wrap his arms tightly around her waist. He started to walk them slowly backwards, until Sophie was pressed up against a tree, her back to the trunk.

Sophie felt herself melting into the kiss as it grew more intense, her hands running through his hair. And suddenly, the sensations disappeared altogether.
"I'm sorry about this Foster, but it had to be done." Keefe said solemnly, his voice getting softer as he quickly stepped away from her.

Sophie's eyes slowly fluttered open to see Keefe snatch the flag from the stone and sprint away, his footfalls growing quieter as he disappeared into the forest. Sophie stood dumbfounded for a second, not quite believing what had just happened. When it occurred to her to try to move her legs to chase after Keefe, she found that one of her ankles had been tied to the tree, preventing her from moving any more than a few feet. Sophie stood silent again for a few minutes as her brain comprehended what had just happened, and then she burst out laughing, shoulders shaking as she struggled to contain her laughter that she was sure was filling the whole forest. Keefe had kissed her into submission!

Her laughs died down and a small smile crept onto her face. She sat down on the soft grass and began making plans for revenge, plans that would involve kissing.