Chapter 18: Slytherin Strife

Noah trudged into the Slytherin common room, frustration boiling in his body. He couldn't believe it. Grace wasn't going to forgive him. He put his life on the line to get her out of that house, for Merlin's sake.

He settled down on the leather couch, resting his elbows on his knees as he tugged roughly on the ends of his hair. Of course, Grace had a right to be cautious towards him. It was his fault she ended up in that situation in the first place. Noah leaned back and sighed. She would be even more furious if she ever found out that he-

"Nice face, Dolohov."

Noah slowly turned to confront the voice, internally groaning at the sight before him.  

"Fuck off, Carrow. I'm not in the mood."

Ryan shook his head, a grin spreading on his face as he paced towards his fellow Slytherin.

"Someone's got his wand in a twist. Tell me, is it because that stupid girl is more angry at you than she is at me?" Ryan raised an eyebrow as he continued. "Or is it because daddy gave you a nice purple shiner?"

As soon as the words left the malicious boy's lips, Noah pounced onto him. He brought his fist back before connecting it with Ryan's jaw.

"You son of a bitch! I should kill you for all the things you did to her!" Noah shouted, his knuckles red as Ryan finally shoved him off.

Ryan wiped the corner of his mouth, where blood trickled from his lower lip. His smirk, however, never faltered.

"Now isn't that sweet? It seems the Dolohov boy has a little crush on the Mudblood, hmm?" Ryan grinned, taking a step closer. "That's a real shame, though."

Noah stayed silent, his glare sending daggers at Ryan as the boy continued.

"Because Grace is still mine. She may think we're done now that a certain truth has been revealed, but I still control her. I'm not done having fun with her just yet."

"Stay the hell away from her, Carrow. I mean it," Noah threatened through gritted teeth.

Ryan chuckled, turning around to walk away. He looked over his shoulder just before he exited the common room, finishing, "Maybe you should tell yourself that one, Dolohov. I think she's more scared of you than she is of me."

Noah watched as Ryan disappeared into the corridor. Fuming with anger, Noah snatched the nearest object off of the table to his right, hurling it at the stone wall. The glass artifact shattered to pieces.

Although Ryan was gone, the fight was far from over. The wicked boy still posed a major threat and, even worse, he was right.

Noah was left desperately trying to pick up the pieces of the broken bond between him and the girl he was starting to truly care for.