(104) Didn't see The Emperor, a Very Disappointed Expression

After journeying for another quarter of an hour, they arrived at the gate to the palace. Chu Qing-Yan got out of the carriage, looked at the palace wall that towered majestically and couldn't help but sigh towards the Big Block of Ice. Having grown to this age, this was the first time she had seen such a high wall!

Xiao Xu's face blackened having heard that sigh, he lifted her by the collar and directly walked in to the palace.

How could Chu Qing-Yan have known he would change face so suddenly? Just now, that tenderness inside the carriage must have been because her vision was blurred!

After entering the imperial palace, there was a wide road paved by greenish black bricks. The entire road stretched forward, very long and wide. Every five steps was a guard, every ten steps was a small group of military soldiers on patrol. There weren't any flowers, plants or trees, there were only ice-cold armored people. Chu Qing-Yan took a glance at the inside of the imperial palace that was heavily guarded, and she secretly sighed in her heart. Sure enough, it was the most pivotal point in the nation, not even a housefly could fly in.

But very quickly she withdrew her gaze and admonished herself. Beginning from that moment she entered the palace gate, she must be very careful with her speech. So right now, she shouldn't glance all around. Big Block of Ice's identity of coming from the royal family was already somewhat subtle. Now she could not bring him any trouble.

After crossing another similar public square area, they passed another corridor and there was an eunuch waiting there to lead the way.

"Pays respect to His Highness Prince Ying." An old bearless eunuch bowed to Xiao Xu. Looking at the way he was dressed, it seemed he ought to be a court eunuch that had a bit of status.

"Eunuch Cao, troubled you for waiting." Xiao Xu said indifferently.

"Do not dare, do not dare." Eunuch Cao was all smiles as he turned his head to look toward Chu Qing-Yan and then asked. "This must be Chu family's Ninth Miss right? Looks really clever and adorable." He originally wanted to say that she and His Highness Prince Jin was a perfect match made in Heaven. But just looking at her height and age, no matter how good he was at saying flattering words, he still didn't dare to say these words.

Xiao Xu said to Chu Qing-Yan. "This is a very popular person by Father the Emperor's side, Eunuch Cao."

Chu Qing-Yan, having heard these words cleverly greeted. "Greetings to Eunuch Cao."

"This slave does not dare accept such honor." Eunuch Cao promptly evaded this courtesy from Chu Qing-Yan. He originally thought that Chu Qing-Yan was merely a ten year old child, moreover one from the countryside. He was afraid her words and manners would be too inferior to be shown in public. However, seeing her following by Prince Ying's side with the correct attitude and a shallow cute smile hanging on her face, if a person did not know the inside story, then they would have assumed she was a treasured Miss that walked out of a wealthy, powerful family. He had no choice but to say this Chu Qing-Yan's appearance was a standout. At least among the influential families, it could be said her appearance was ranked among the best.

"Let's go." Xiao Xu did not like to exchange pleasantries as he cheerlessly said.

"It's this slave that is confused, Your Highness ought to already be anxious from waiting. The two of you, please follow along this slave's side to go." Eunuch Cao bowed and lifted a finger to point in a direction, then Xiao Xu brought along Chu Qing-Yan to take large strides forward.

The deep dark red pillar inside the palace seem to extend endlessly forward, as they passed through the walkway then turned around to walk up a white colored arch bridge. Their destination seemed to be the long hallway built on top of the water. The bluish green lake water circulated underneath with lotus leaves floating on top crowding into a large area, making the entire surface of the lake look green.