7

6

After Harry said that I was the only person that he didn't want to see his work, the bell rang. I'm not going to lie, it kinda hurt. Why am I always the problem? Why am I the one that is always left out? Me not being able to see his work is not that deep, but the way that I am excluded is what actually hurts me a little bit. 

It's not like Harry and I were close or anything, so I shouldn't be feeling the small but very present sting in my soul. I went to my seat in the back and pulled out my notebook along with The Great Gatsby. Rain walked it, gave me a quick wave, and walked to her seat.

Mrs. Bradford's voice droned on talking about who knows what. I twirled my pen in my hand. I quickly glanced over to Harry to see that he too was looking at me, but instead of holding his gaze like he usually does, he quickly diverted his attention to our teacher.

I didn't really put much thought into it and continued to pretend like I was listening to the teacher.

"Okay everyone, grab a partner." Mrs. Bradford said.

I quickly went over to Rain's desk and pulled her back to mine. I noticed the glare I was receiving from Alexa, but I ignored it.

"Why are you in a rush?" Rain asked me.

"Because I left something out about yesterday."

"And what was that." I small smile tugging on her lips was starting to appear.

"He um, he pinned me against the fridge." I saw her eyes grow wide and her smile grow bigger.

"So what you, Jade Davis, are telling me is that Harry Styles is hot for you?!"

"What! No, I never said that. Where did you get that idea from?"

"So what you, Jade Davis, are telling me is that YOU are hot for Harry Styles?!"

"Rain! I never said that. I am not remotely attracted to him."

"Whatever you say, Jade." the smirk on her face never left.

We eventually finished up analyzing rhetorical devices in The Great Gatsby and had a minute left to talk before the bell rang. I told Jade that I needed to go to art class early so I can talk to my teacher, so I left without her. I quickly entered the room and put my stuff down before heading to Ms. Fieldman's desk.

"Morning Ms. Davis. How is your project going with Mr. Styles?"

"It's been difficult..."

"But nothing you can't manage right," she kindly smiled at me. "And don't forget, if you still don't like how things are going, you can always switch after this assignment is due in 2 weeks."

"Yeah, things have just been rather hard. It's not easy working with him. I don't even know what he's done for his side of the project because he doesn't tell me or show me anything."

Ms. Fieldman's eyes lit up when I said that, for some strange reason.

"He won't let you see them? Hmm, that's rather odd." I could sense the small hint of humor that was hidden in her voice.

"It's frustrating. I just want to make sure we could get a good grade. Being featured in a magazine would mean so much to me."

"Trust me, Jade. I wouldn't have stuck the two of you together if I didn't think you weren't capable of it. I can promise you, everything will be worth it in the end."

I really liked Ms. Fieldman, she was like my school mom. If I ever have any problems or just feel like skipping class, Ms. Fieldman is the person to go to. At times, it felt like she was the only that understood me.

I thought more about what she said as I walked back to my seat. I knew she wanted the best for me, but was Harry really the best?

"Can you come over at 4 today?" I asked Harry who was already sitting at my table.

He nodded his head.

"Jade, how are you girl."Alexa smugly walks over to me.

"Oh, hey Alexa. I'm fine, I guess."

"That's cool, that's cool," she said smoothly.

"Is there a reason why you came over here?" I asked, suddenly getting annoyed with her presence.

"Just checking in on my bestie,"

She must have me mistaken for someone else because I wouldn't even consider her to be my friend.

"Did you know that me and Jade are really close, Harry? We've known each other for a couple of years now." She hopped on the desk once again.

"I've known of you for a couple of years, that doesn't mean we're friends," I mumbled.

I guess Harry heard me because I saw an amused smile start to form on his face.

"My friends are her friends and her friends are mine, so I guess that makes me and you friends, unless... you want to be more than friends." She winked at him.

"Harry and I aren't friends. So I guess that makes the two of you strangers if you are going by that logic. Also, you and I aren't friends so..." I said with an annoyed tone.

"Jade loves to kid around like that." She flashes a fake smile as she starts inching toward Harry.

"Alexa, didn't you learn your lesson from last time about sitting on the desk? Do you want to crack your head on the floor and die and then never get a date with the ever-so-charming Harry Styles?" I rolled my eyes.

"I wouldn't go on a date with her anyway," Harry mumbled and I accidentally let out a laugh.

"Well, I will see you later." Alexa hopped off the desk and went back to her partner.

"She is so. fucking. annoying." I rubbed my face trying to relieve some of the newfound stress that Alexa has so kindly brought on to me.

Harry nodded his head in agreement and quickly went back to drawing whatever it is he was drawing. He worked so peacefully, clearly concentrated on whatever it was he was drawing. I was genuinely fascinated by what he was doing. I watched the way his eyebrows furrowed and how he bit his lip whenever he was erasing something or the small smile on his face when he was satisfied.

Harry's pretty complicated. Recently he has been...nice I guess. He actually talks to me instead of ignoring me. I mean, he barely does talk to me but it is progress. He still ignores me when I tell him something and he doesn't verbally respond, but he nods his head a lot. He keeps to himself and he doesn't like talking about himself either.

After everything yesterday, he's even more confusing than before. I just have a little bit longer before I can get rid of him. Then it's smooth sailing from there. Life would be a lot easier without Harry Styles.