Little Loves

"Kids come in now. Tea is ready!" is shouted from the direction of the house, the sun is starting to set and the lights from inside the house bounce off of the window.

"Race ya?" Matty says before sprinting off towards the house without giving me a second to catch up.

Matty is my best friend, always has been since we were born. We're 8 now and I'm staying over for a sleepover like usual at the Healy residence.
I catch up to him, even beating him to the backdoor and when I turn to look at him he's already giving me a sweet grin and a shrug that says "I guess you win."

We run into the kitchen where Denise and Tim are sat at the dinner table waiting for us. It's rare they're both here at the same time as they are actors and have different schedules to each other so they're taking advantage of tonight. I sit down and start eating my food when I feel a light kick hit my foot, I look across to Matty who is grinning at me mischievously. He always played footsie with me whenever we ate, I guess it entertains him. Denise talks to Tim about her day at work and then when tea is done we run off to Matty's room.

I go to the bathroom and quickly change into my pyjamas and when I enter back into the room Denise is already sat at the end of the bed ready tuck us in. Matty dive bombs into bed taking me with him as we erupt into giggles, Denise presses a light kiss to each of our heads and tucks us in.

"Goodnight my little loves" she says as she turned off the light and closed the door.

We lay still, the glow from the stars that Matty and I had placed messily on his bedroom ceiling illuminating the room. I felt him shift until he was looking at me and then he spoke "Night Bea, you're my favourite best friend in the world" letting out a yawn afterwards.

"Night M, you're my favourite best friend too" I yawned back, moving along so we're now cocooned in our own little duvet burrito. His arm lazily across my stomach.

I'm woken up when I feel a light tap followed by a hushed "Bea" which can only be coming from one person.

"I'm here, what's wrong?" I whisper back knowing it's early in the morning. I felt more shifting and then I opened my eyes to see Matty watching me.

"I had a bad dream. We weren't best friends anymore because a monster took me away from you, we're supposed to do everything together and it was so scary" He sniffled.

"It was just a dream, we'll always be best friends. You know I wouldn't let a silly monster take you away." I say whilst messing up his curls.

"Pinky Promise?"

I hook our little fingers together and lock them, promising him that no matter what we'd always be best friends

"Love you." He whispered into the air.

"Love you too Marty."

a/n:
ok so i am writing this purely for fun, grammar will be all over the place bc i'm lazy. also i find it hard to write with correct capital letters because i prefer the lowercase aesthetic so bare with.