Chapter Twenty-Six

Recently, whenever Lawson went to play tennis, Sean tagged along as the official ball-thrower. It was something Lawson insisted he didn't have to do, but Sean was more than content to stand across the net from him and "watch him be all sexy and serious" - words straight from Sean's mouth.

Three weekends before winter break, they found themselves out on the court, trying to exercise off all the stress that accompanied exam prep. It wasn't exactly working, but it was nice to be together, just the two of them doing something other than studying, though Lawson had been informed by Nathan earlier in the day that him and Glenn would be joining them.

That would probably be good for Lawson's tennis. Maybe then he would actually push himself, rather than allowing himself to get distracted by Sean every couple of minutes. He was, for once, wearing athletic clothes that matched- navy and dark grey- and he looked absolutely fantastic with his wind blown hair and easy smile. How could Lawson not get distracted?

"Stop looking at me," Sean demanded as Lawson hit another ball into the net. "I think I'm making you worse".

"I can't just not look at you," Lawson pointed out. "You're in my direct line of sight. And your cloths match".

"Shut up," Sean demanded, but he was smiling. He braced his hands on the net in front of him and leaned forwards against it, expression teasing. "Would you like me to remove an item of clothing then?

For a moment, Lawson just studied him with wide eyes. He had to be talking about his shirt, since simply standing there in his briefs would be weird, and also distracting. Of course, by removing his shirt he would be displaying his back, which along with being gorgeously toned, had several scratch marks, courtesy of Lawson a few nights ago. Seeing them would most definitely make his mind wander, though instead of thinking about what they could be doing, Lawson would be thinking of what they already had done and thoroughly enjoyed. Not a good choice.

"You removing your clothes would make this situation one million times worse, I promise you," Lawson assured, and Sean snorted before moving back to the hopper of balls. "I'll try to focus more. Sorry coach".

Sean made and amused face before throwing a ball to the far end of the court, forcing Lawson to run for it.

Somehow, Lawson was able to focus on something other than his boyfriend, and managed to return a handful of decent balls before he made another distracted error.

It wasn't Sean's fault this time.

"What the fuck," he managed to get out before the boy he was surprised to see was leaving Nathan's side and barreling towards him. "What are you doing? No no no. Jean-" despite Lawson's protests, the taller boy wrapped him in his arms, hugging him tightly as Lawson struggled to get away.

"You miss me?" Jean taunted, laughing as Lawson finally managed to get away from him. Once free, he put distance between the two of them, and glared forcefully. "I'll take that as a yes".

"You shouldn't".

Jean wasn't paying attention to him anymore. His green eyes had slid off to the side, and he was looking at Sean- who had at some point rounded the net- with great interest. Suddenly, Lawson wished his boyfriend hadn't managed to match his clothing. "And who are-"

"No," Lawson cut in, moving himself between the two of them protectively. "Don't look at him like that".

Jean's eyebrows raised. "Why not?"

"He's my boyfriend to start off, and his name is Sean, which rhymes with Jean, so it would be impossible to come up with a couple name for the two of you," Lawson explained. From behind him, Sean chuckled, and then warm arms were wrapping around his waist and he was eased back into a warm chest.