On the road

Beep Beep Beep Beep. I gently stir from my slumber as I hear a low groan followed by an arm pulling me tighter to them. Beep Beep Beep. "M'fucking tired, where's that noise coming from?" I pat around the bunk before finding his phone and seeing the time.

The silence doesn't last for very long as a loud banging floods through the room, followed by the curtain opening to reveal Ross grinning at the two of us.

"Come on sleepyheads, We're getting off in 30" he says enthusiastically but all he receives is a thumbs up from me and a "Turn that bloody beeping off, it's too early" from Matty before he turns back over to sleep.

Ross looks at me "It's the microwave and it's not early. C'mon mate." I give him a reassuring nod that yes I will get him up before they need to do soundcheck, closing the curtain again.

I turn over to look at the mop of curls that is covering the pillowcase, I can't help but smile at the sight. It was 3pm and we were in Vancouver B.C.

My whole life I had wanted to visit Vancouver and instead I'd spent the first day fast asleep due to the exhaustion of a certain boyfriend.

Matty groans again as Hann starts swearing over someone taking his shirt he was going to wear today comes through the curtain.

"Mornin" He says groggily, his eyes barely open and a sleepy smile on his face.

"Think you mean afternoon, it's 3pm."

"Ah shit, M'sorry I kept you asleep. Don't sleep the same when you're not next to me."

I shake my head "Don't need to apologise Marty, you're the main man. We're here for 2 nights and I can always come back."

I slip out the bunk, my feet landing on the cold floor of the bus. Stretching, I make my way forward to where everyone was sat in the communal area. I take a seat next to Ross and steal a bite of his toast whilst he pours me a drink.

Taking a sip I squint, sticking my tongue out in disgust. "Coffee?"

"All we've got, sorry petal" Ross says.

Someone takes the cup from my hand from behind, taking a sip and sighing "She loves the smell but hates the taste" Matty states.

We start unloading the bus shortly after, lugging the equipment inside the venue and setting up. I go outside to the front of the venue to take a photo of the board and notice fans already in line.

"Oh my god, you're Bea right?" A girl, no older than sixteen shouts.

I nod shyly and wave "Hi, you lot here for the show?" I awkwardly point at the venue and the group nod.

"Yeah, we came first thing so we get close."

Deciding to walk over to them, I sit down on the pavement next to them and cross my legs. "That's really cool, what're your names?"

Each of them introduce them self, gushing over each of the boys which made me warm inside to know people really cared about the band.

I stay for a good while, ordering them some food because the motherly instincts kicked in when they'd told me they hadn't eaten. I wait until the food arrives to pay, handing the pizza's out to the group.

Getting up from my place on the floor, the girl who'd first spoke who's name I'd learnt was Abi asked if she could take a photo with me. I nod, not used to the attention and snap a quick photo with her along with the others.

I also snap a photo of them all to show the boys when I got back inside and to also remember the afternoon.

Inside was a lot warmer in comparison to outside, the strobe lighting in full course and the band nowhere to be seen. I guessed they were backstage chilling.

"Where'd you go?" I jump as a pair of arms wrap around me from behind.

"Jesus, you scared me" I hold my hand up to my heart in shock. "Been outside with some fans, talking about you lot."

Matty raises his eyebrows "There's people outside already?"

I nod "Yeah, been here since this morning. They're really nice. Oh here, there was a boy out there called Max who asked if I'd give this to you" passing Matty a cigarette lighter that had David Byrne's signature on.

"Fuck that's sick, thanks for going out there. You're the best" Matty says softly.

"They were asking me for photos which is new, feels weird cause I don't even do anything" I say nervously.

Matty shakes his head, cupping my chin "Muse, you literally put this whole show together. Don't put yourself down, who wouldn't want a photo with a babe like you?"

"In fact, c'mere. Mum keeps begging for photos anyway" I lean into him as he pulls out his phone, taking a few in different poses.

He disappears for a minute, grabbing a jacket and the rest of the band before asking Jamie if they had time to go out and meet the fans in line.

I follow them, Matty never letting go of my hand whilst he talked to everyone individually. They took photos with nearly everyone and Max got the biggest hug for his gift.

Without sounding like a crazed woman, I loved watching them interact with fans. It was so nice to see them being appreciated but also to see them happy.

a/n: i know this book is a little all over the place but i'm enjoying just writing tbh. let me know if there's anything specific you want to see e.g: more matty / bea or anything idm xxx

ps: sorry i posted in the wrong order. this comes after the family meet-up x