43. Sisters

Never in my life did I sleep so peacefully, knowing that there was someone on my bed, holding me closer to him in a way that not even air could pass through between us. Well, Dad used to sleep with me when I was younger, but that's another thing. It's Adam I am talking about. Adam Freaking McArdle, the guy who had ruined my sleep from my first day in New York.

Waking up, the first thing I did was turned around and faced him. He was still sleeping, his mouth open slightly and his brown hair falling on his forehead. To say that he looked cute would be an understatement. He looked adorable.

He wasn't wearing any shirt, his warmth was protecting me from cold air. His skin felt so good against me, so comfortable, like home. Realizing that we had to get ready for school, I ran my finger along his jaw and called his name slowly.

His face contorted at first, after which he slowly opened his eyes and looked at my face in confusion, probably wondering what he was doing with me on my bed. When realization dawned upon him, his face relaxed and he brought his hand to my face, lightly brushing my hair away from my eyes.

"Morning sunshine." I teased, pecking the tip of his nose and he frowned. "Go back to your house and get ready for school. I'll pick you up." I said and stood up, stretching my arms over my head. My cheeks heated up when I watched Adam's eyes zoomed in on my legs. Throwing a pillow towards him, I almost dashed into my bathroom and locked the door behind me.

When I came out after finishing my morning routine, he had already left so I changed into fresh clothes and made my way to the outside to make breakfast for myself.

...

"Miss. King! Am I disturbing your daydreams?" I jerked backwards when I found my P.E teacher leaned against my desk, tapping his pen furiously on the dark wood.

"Um.. I.." I fumbled with my words, not knowing what to say.

He was giving a lecture about importance of moderate to vigorous physical activity while my thoughts were focused on the boy with whom I almost lost my virginity last night.

"Care to tell me what you were dreaming about?" he asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

I shook my head in no, his frown deepened.

"Let her go sir. She obviously doesn't want to say my name in front of whole class." Noah joked, earning a glare from me and laughters from the rest of the class.

"Shut up Mr. Brown." The teacher scolded him and he shrugged in return.

The bell for the next period rang in time and I heaved a sigh of relief. I left the class and made my way towards the Cafe, not wanting to embarrass myself further.

"Hi princess." Noah appeared from nowhere and put his arm around my shoulders as if I was his BFF.

"Don't you have any new girl to chase this week?" I asked, raising my eyebrows as we both entered through the cafeteria door.

"Yep. There is a girl. A short brunette with brown doe eyes and chubby cheeks." He teased, sitting around the first table in sight and made space on another chair for me.

"I do not have chubby cheeks." I scrunched my nose and yelled, sitting on the chair.

"Who said I was talking about you?" he smirked and ordered a cheeseburger, juice and fries for him. I wonder how he stays so fit when he eats like an elephant all the time.

"Jerk." I spat and rolled my eyes.

"Why? Do you want to be chased by me?" he asked, leaning towards me.