Chapter 4

Two Months Later
-------
Rudaba and Shahroze had landed in Pakistan just a few hours ago and had come straight to Rudaba's home where Shahroze's family had arrived too upon hearing of their arrival. Everyone in the family were happy to see them. Rudaba's mother and father, both were satisfied and contented to see Shahroze with her. He was giving his one-hundred percent to their relationship and was definitely the most selfless one. They not only saw that but also acknowledged it too.

Shahroze's parents also were of the same thoughts but they instead felt Rudaba was more giving to their relationship than their son. But either way they were happy for the two too. No one knew why Shahroze made this sudden decision to return to Pakistan during Rudaba's leave from university. But he knew. He had come with a plan but didn't even tell Rudaba. They were in the main living room right now where all the family had gathered and were immersed in all sorts of conversations when he got everyone's attention by calling everyone. Rudaba was confused at his call but listened in anyway.

"Since everyone are here, I want to say something." He shifted the conversation topic and gathered all attention towards himself from all the family.

"Go on." Fatima had said with a smile.

"Rudaba's postgraduate studies are almost completed and I know you all have waited for us enough and I am very grateful to all of you for that. So, now I think Rudaba and I can get married. It's about time."

He said it all in one go with his head bent down but after he finished speaking, he looked towards Rudaba who was smiling with all heart. It was an indication to him that she liked the surprise. It was a sign she wanted the same. It also proved that they don't need to talk with each other before deciding anything, they understood each other so much that whatever they would do for each other or for them together, would always get approved by them. Seeing the smile on her face, made him sigh in relief too. Now, he was smiling too.

"Mash Allah. This a great decision and idea. What do you say, Fatima?" Nudrat had said with proper excitement.

"I am so glad to hear this. I think let's get the preparations begin."

Fathers of both children just listened in quietly and enjoyed the upcoming bliss and times of joys the family was on the road to celebrate and cherish forever. Rudaba and Shahroze excused them all walked to a quieter spot in the garden of the huge mansion Rudaba had spent almost all her life in. Even though it was no sort of news to them, it still took time for them to comprehend. Usually, they come to terms with things in silence even if they are together at the moment. Even right now, they did the same.

"You are happy with this, aren't you?" He had asked as he walked beside her with his hands in his jeans' pockets.

"Of course, I am happy. This is what the both of us have waited for and its finally happening." She had said looking ahead as she also continued to walk.

He just smiled listening to her response but had started to walk in a slower pace than he was just a few moments ago. He was also having shortness in breathing.

As much he had tried to hide it from her, she noticed it all.

"Shahroze, are you okay? What's the matter?"

"Yeah, I am fine. Don't worry. Just feeling tired. Maybe because we just had a long journey."

He had tried reassuring her, but tiredness can't cause shortness in breaths. That can't be linked.

"But your breathing?"

"It is fine. Trust me, I am fine." He took her hand in his and assured her with his ever so warm smile.