Bad Boys | Steve and Billy

Hello. This imagine may sound similar to Protective | Steve Harrington, because it kind of is. I liked the idea, so I'm writing another one because I wrote it sooo long ago, I don't think a part two would work. I hope you enjoy this imagine! (p.s: not at all a sequel to Protective, just inspired by my own imagine hehe)

You waited for Steve to pick you up. Both of you had this routine of getting a smoothie before going to school. You have been friends for a couple months now, which you were pretty happy about.

You used to think Steve was a horrible person, but he definitely changed. He still is extremely popular and people still stare oddly whenever he's with you, and sometimes you also feel weird hanging out with such a "cool" guy, but you're glad you are friends. Your friendship came to fruition because of a project during your English class; you're beyond grateful for it.

You heard Steve's engine from a distance. You said bye to your parent(s), then walked out the door with a smile on your face.

"Sorry! I'm not here to pick up losers." Steve said as you hopped in his car. You rolled your eyes and playfully punched him.

"Shut up. You're the biggest loser I know." You turned the music up and rolled your window down.

"I don't know. This," he motioned between the two of you while keeping his eyes on the road, "is charity work."

You laughed and shook your head. "Asshole."

He drove through the usual route and you two shared interesting conversations as always. 

As you arrived at the parking lot of the School (after picking up some smoothies), you noticed a group of girls near a navy blue Camaro. It was a car you hadn't seen before, you furrowed your eyebrows.

A boy suddenly exited the car. He had curly, brown, hair and was dressed in all denim. It was a bit odd to wear all jean things, but the boy did look pretty good in it.

"Are you even listening to me?" Steve sounded annoyed. You shook your head slightly, snapping out of a trance, and looked at Steve. He was biting his lip and tapping furiously on his steering wheel.

"Sorry. What were you saying?" You looked at him then turned quickly to try and get another glimpse of the boy, but he was gone.

"I was saying-" he noticed you not fully paying attention. He sighed, "never mind. we should go," he opened his door, grabbed his backpack, then walked out of the car. You followed quickly after him.

"Hey! Steve," you sighed. He was walking way ahead of you. You caught up to him and grabbed his shoulder. He turned to face you. "I'm sorry, okay? It's just there's a new kid in town and well, we rarely see new people showing up."

Steve smiled. "Totally understand. Hey, did you ever finish Simmon's lab worksheet?" You both continued walking into the halls, towards your lockers.

You bit your lip and shook your head as you opened your locker. "I need to get on top of things. I knew I said I would, but I never found the time! It's due second period, huh? I'll just-"

"Don't worry. I was able to finish. I'll give it to you for this class. You can give it back after you're done copying." He held out his own copy of the homework.