99

HER BRIGHT BLUE EYES SHYLY LOWER down to the ground and away from her mothers shocked eyes

HER BRIGHT BLUE EYES SHYLY LOWER down to the ground and away from her mothers shocked eyes. Her mom is like a stranger now and with all the unknown eyes fixated on the two, Aria's shyness has resurfaced.

"Babygirl.." Her mother crouches down, her arms wrapping around Aria's frame, tears building in her blue eyes. "Momma?" A small sob rakes through her body as she begins shaking violently, everything she's been holding in releasing. Nothing like a mother's hug to get the emotions out of you. Anne Harrison strokes her daughter's blonde hair, tears building in her own eyes as she listens to Aria's shaky breathing.

Aria convinced herself that her whole family was dead and that she was the only Harrison left. And now that her mom is holding her, it's relieving. Anne backs away before cupping her daughter's face, her matching blue eyes filling with tears. She presses a firm kiss to Aria's forehead, her eyes fluttering close as she takes in this moment.

Right now, all of her troubles has disappeared and she's just focused on her mother.

♚ ♛

Aria bites the end of her to tongue, hands fiddling behind her back. She has to ask her mom, her group needs their help. "Can I ask you a question?" Her mom's head snaps up, her matching blue eyes softening as she stares over at her daughter. With an eyebrow quirked up, Aria continues on with her question.

"I've been in this group, since the start. Um, they're in trouble and they need our help." Aria whispers, a shaky breath blowing out through her lips as she thinks of the possibilities.

"No — i have my own group to keep safe. I can't and I won't have my people die because your group needs others to protect them." Aria's fists clench tightly, her eyes narrowing as she listens to her mom speak, anger shining through her eyes. This is what she hated most about her mother, the selfishness and the unwillingness to help others. Maybe it's because Aria is the complete opposite and she can't help but feel resentment towards her mother because of it.

"My group, they're strong. But our enemy has way more people, which makes him even stronger and more dangerous. You're acting as if I'm a stranger asking for a help and not your daughter." The anger fizzes up inside of her like a volcano getting ready to explode. When it comes to her group, she'd do anything.

"What are they to you? Because they sure as hell ain't your parent who went through hell to raise you." Aria stands to her feet, the force knocking her chair back as she slams her hands down on the brown table in front of her, a scowl forming on her face. Aria and her mother has always had arguments and her sisters and father always had to break it up, but now, there is no one to.

"They're my family. They've kept me safe this whole fucking time! They have protected me and they treat me like I'm important; something which you've never done. They know my past and they don't treat me different because of it, they don't treat me like I'm a freak," Aria pauses, her voice becoming shaky as tears build in her eyes. "I don't have to hide behind a mask when I'm around them, I don't have to act smart or happy because they know it's a lie. They make me strong and they love me for who I am. They accept my imperfections and they don't try to change me. That's what a real family is, they love you for you. Before this whole shit started you constantly wanted to change me and I tried because I wanted to make you happy! You were embarrassed that I was your daughter, you wanted me to be more like Andrea and Amy but guess what, I'm Aria Harrison and I'm fucking proud of it."

Aria glares into her mother's eyes, her body shaking in anger and sadness. "Aria, I'm sorry." The said girl shakes her head, her hand wiping at her eyes.

"I — i just need to think."

♚ ♛

An explosion goes off and Aria turns away from the group of women she was talking to, eyes darting everywhere. "Follow me!" She shouts before running off into the woods, her mind remembering the place where she first took shelter at. This could be the Saviors out to take her back and right now, she's going to try and save these people because they're her priority right now.

She glances back to see everyone following her, all of them putting their trust in her. The trees sway violently around them as if they're trying for protect the group from anyone spotting them. Leaves crunch under everyone's shoes, the crunching reminding Aria that this is life or death for them. Another explosion goes off and Aria winces, her fingers wrapping tightly around the knife in her hand. A few people pass her up from the fear pulsing in their bodies and before Aria can call out to them, a shout prevents her from doing so.

"Everybody down!" Aria stops abruptly in her tracks, multiple bodies knocking into hers as everyone begins lowering to the ground, Aria hiding her face in an attempt to blend in with the rest. Negan and the rest of his minions can't find her, they'll kill her; that's for sure. Aria blocks out everything, her body trembling in fear. Not only does she have to protect herself, she now has another human being to protect — her baby and right now, she's doing a pretty shitty job.

"Now, we made a lot of noise. We want to wrap this up quick so you can send people to redirect anything coming this way." At the sound of the familiar voice, Aria's body freezes and her eyes slowly lower her from the ground. "Tara said your forests are relatively clear, so we won't take any chances. No one needs to get hurt." Sinking back into the crowd of women, Aria lowers her head back down, her blonde hair concealing her features. She's not sure if her group is going to be mad that she's here. "This is just about what you have — what we need."

"Nobody is taking anything! You need to let everyone go and leave right now." Aria turns her head, her teeth clenching together as she prevents a groan from escaping her lips. Natania, Cyndie, and Anne walk forward, Tara held at gunpoint. Aria claws at the dirt before raising to her feet, everyone's eyes turning towards her. "Wait, y'all," Aria sighs lowly, her eyes not turning to meet her groups.

"Aria! This is the group you wanted us to risk our lives for?" Her lips part slightly as she slowly nods her head, her eyes finally trailing over to her group. "They're good people. They're just not making the right choice." She mumbles, stepping through the many bodies.

"R — rick, this is my mother, Anne Harrison."

♚ ♛

A U T H O R
alright so, i do know that andrea and amy lived in florida but when the outbreak hit they were on a road trip and ended up in atlanta. for the sake of this book, let's just say that their parents were with them also and didn't die. it will also be explained further into detail in later chapters.