- First rule -

chapter number something

  Hearing my name called out by a male voice, I turned and saw them lightly jogging towards me.

Daniel?

It was surprising, more so that I was hopeful it would be Theo instead. Yeah, the asshole who should've been making sure his "mate" was okay. Yet no, he disappeared, not once checking up on me.

Not a good look for him considering how adamant he is on me being his. 

I focused back on Daniel's warm smile. "Hey?" I said and tilted my head, watching him slow down until he was standing in front of me, his hand clutching the straps of his backpack that hung over his shoulder.

"Hey, are you okay?" His voice sounded concerned. Studying my face with a worried frown on his forehead, he added, "I heard about the fight and wanted to see if you were."

"I'm good..." Kinda.

I went to adjust my backpack when he quickly said, "Here, let me hold that for you," And gently pulled the bag strap down from my arm, holding my bag for me.

"Uh... thanks," I muttered, completely taken by surprise at the kind gesture. So gentlemen do exist? Shocking!

He nodded. "No problem. Anyway, I heard you got her good in the fight."

"Oh yeah," I nodded, grinning. Im not evil, I just... am glad I didn't let her walk over me. "Not to brag and all," I tried to joke before softly smiling at him. "Nah, I'm good... I guess, she got me here and there, but I'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes," I paused, before adding, "Thanks by the way." The fact that he checked up on me was extremely nice, even though I damn ran away from him at the party but that was because of THEO!

Who, was calling me right now on my phone. Nope. I hit end call and slyly shoved my phone back into my pocket, silencing it.

"Of course, it's rare to here you of all people got into a full on fight." He shook his head. "I missed it but I heard the commotion."

"Yeah," I huffed out a laugh. "Plus, word travels fast around this shit-hole."

"That it does," He glanced past my shoulder, thinking about something, and smiled, flickering his gaze back to me. "Hey... do you wanna, well, go grab something to eat?"

Food!

"Do I!" My face lit up. "Lets go!"

"Whoo, someone's hungry?" He chuckled, falling into step beside me as we both started to head up the hall towards the schools exit, sharing a nice pace between us.

"I always am. It's kinda scary actually."

"Maybe eating is your talent."

"Damn," I raised an eyebrow, grinning. "That's a terrible talent."

"Yeah... not the greatest, but who said-"

"That I'm talented? Wooooow, Daniel, just wow, that's just mean-" His stunned face had me cracking up in laughter. I playfully nudged his shoulder. "Relax will ya? I was joking around."

"Now that's cruel," He chuckled, shaking his head down at me.  "And you know that's not what I was gonna say."

"Uh huh, sure sure," We both fell into a nice, comfortable silence as we walked out into the car park. "Did you drive today?" I asked him.