Chapter Forty-One: The First Of Many

Author's note: This chapter is realllly long, sorry guys XD There were so many characters to add that it just kept going. Also, if you haven't read the other stories in my DC series, you might not know a few of these characters (Silvia, Harper, Vell, Rahn, Bastion, and Mineko are the oc's in the other stories). I tried to make it easy to understand though even if you're only interested in the Aquaman story 😂 Hope you like it!
————————————————-

 I tried to make it easy to understand though even if you're only interested in the Aquaman story 😂 Hope you like it!————————————————-

Arthur dropped the garbage bag he carried into the dumpster in front of the residence. Once he had secured the lid and dusted off his palms, the man planted his hands onto his hips and admired his handiwork. The lighthouse, which was basically a derelict several days ago, had been repainted and redecorated within the last week or so. In between all of the Atlantean affairs of state, all the processes or rituals that the birth of a new heir would require, and the general pursuits of Aquaman as a protector of the sea, Arthur was quite relieved to find that he had enough time to spruce the place up before the baby shower. At first, he wasn't too excited about hosting a party, but that opinion had recently changed.

It was important that he had enough time to catch up with his closest friends, the ones who fought alongside him. It had been a very long time since they last met up (outside of the battlefield), even longer since he had seen many of their partners, and he also just realised that Camille, his own wife and Queen of Atlantis, hadn't met most of them. Those factors helped him in making the decision, as well as motivating him to renovate the house when he wasn't indisposed.

"Are you standing outside staring at the house again?" Camille called from inside the lighthouse as she started laying out the cutlery on the dining table. "Get in here, you. The place is still a mess."

Arthur chuckled as he mounted the steps and entered the building once again. "I think you're exaggerating a bit."

He strode down the hallway, turned into the dining room and leant against the doorway. His wife was continuing to dress the table with napkins, forks, knives, plates, glasses, and some vases. All this time after the birth of their son, about two weeks, meant that Camille's baby bump was non-existent now. Much of that was due to differences in Atlantean metabolism and the way their bodies absorbed energy. Her eyes glanced up to meet her husband's as she kept setting the table. A smirk appeared on her face as she said "There are puddles all over the back door. The mop's already out."

"Technically, that was both of us." Arthur walked by her and pecked her on the cheek on his way to the back door.

When he began mopping away all the salt water that tracked its way in via their footsteps, Arthur was thinking of waiting for Kaldur to arrive so he could use his magic on it and make it much easier. However, being the kind of person that just had to get something done as soon as he noticed it, Arthur had it wiped down in minutes. Satisfied with another piece of his handiwork, Arthur stowed the mop in the closet just in time to hear a car pull onto the lawn.