Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Jen's P.O.V.

“You’re never going to change your mind on not fighting are you?” I inquired, watching the mess of people in front of me.

I saw Chelsea shake her head, looking over her shoulder at me as she stepped forward. “Nope,” She said, almost casually before shifting, attacking the first Seeker that came within attacking range of her.

Of course not. I thought to her, her white wolf coming up next to mine. I gave her a look before I launched myself forwards, hearing Chelsea dive in behind me. I focused on tearing the Seekers apart as I avoided their weapons. It was easier said than done as my wolf seemed preoccupied with something else. Not now, God damn it! We need to survive!

Despite my livid response, she made no move to reply. I ignored her odd behaviour as well as I could as I clamped my jaw around the neck of a fast-approaching Seeker.

***

I had just torn the arm of a Seeker right out of its socket when I heard Chelsea desperately calling out to me. What’s wrong?! I demanded, alarm surging through my veins. It’s Logan, we have to find him! Right now! My best friend growled. I came up behind her as we began to fight our way across the room. I’ll call any available shifter to do the same. I told her, Chelsea already preoccupied with talking to the Alpha.

It took us a while to finally get to the other side of the area and by then a whole army of shifters was behind us. Jen, where are you? I heard Ethan ask. I let him see the area around me through my eyes. Sam's been hurt. He told me. Anything serious? I asked, alarmed. No, but I'm making sure she's taken care of. I'll be there soon. I knew he felt my panic as I spoke. Hurry!

Our group went through a door which opened up into a wide hallway. Chelsea sprinted away from our group towards a crowd of Seekers a few meters away, her movements frantic as I caught sight of the Alpha.

Come on, move! The Alpha needs us! I ordered the others, pursuing my Luna. My wolf howled savagely as she began to scream a word over and over again. No, not now. Not here! I begged. Mate. She yelped. He’s here. I couldn’t believe that this was happening right then, the worst possible moment my wolf could have chosen to find her other half.

My stomach sank as I realised what it meant if I had found my mate only now, dread seeping into my body. He was a Seeker. My wolf went into frenzy as she noticed his scent, a unique, masculine combination of the smell of the forest and something else entirely different from anything I had ever smelled in my life.

The smell was so enticing I found myself taking deeper breaths just to catch more of it as it practically called out to me. I had no choice but to push my feelings aside for now though as I approached the gathering of Seekers. I felt immense panic as I watched my Luna dive forward to protect our Alpha. No! I screamed, as I saw the knife slice through her chest.

The moment it did, the shifters and I pounced onto the Seekers, tearing into them as anger fuelled our attack; making us more vicious as our urge to protect our Luna drove us to the edge of our control. I came face to face with a bandaged Seeker, his brown eyes shining with contempt.

I bent my legs as I prepared to jump onto him when my wolf stopped me. That’s him! Don’t hurt him! She screamed, alarmed that I would even think of doing such a thing. Even though I had thought to restrain myself, he surely didn’t as he dove forwards, knife glinting in the light.

I turned and ran, hoping that he would follow me so I could isolate him from the other shifters and keep them from harming my mate. Luckily for me, he did, his combat boots thundering on the floor behind me as he began his pursuit. I ran through one of the door we’d passed earlier, my mate hot on my trail.