Chapter 10

Heyyy(: This isn't going to be a usual thing, writing in other people's P.O.V.'s I mean. I just thought that you guys would want a different side of the story! Sooo Here ya go :D

Comment, Vote, Fan, SMILE

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**Clara's P.O.V.

A loud scream woke me from my sleep. I rubbed my eyes and went into mom mode, throwing myself down the stairs. I hurtled through the kitchen, grabbing a frying pan. I neared Cain's bedroom door and busted through, Casey and Jake rubbing their eyes behind me.

"What in the world is going on?!" I squealed, taking in the scene before me. My son had his constricted around a girl and it was not in a loving way, it was in more of a restricting way. She was a tall girl, compared to most. Her dark hair swung around as she struggled. Thick, long eyelashes framed her large, wide gray eyes

She was very beautiful. Even with the light purple markings on her cheek, a busted lip, and a huge hand-shaped bruise on her collarbone. This must be Casey's older sister, Kat. I mused while she flailed. Poor thing.

My expression was now sympathetic and sad. "Stop struggling." My son growled. Kat paused for a moment then fought harder. She threw her body, causing Cain to stumble but, he quickly recovered. "UGH!" She seethed. I stepped closer, eying her carefully. "Are you okay dear?" I reached my hand out slowly and she flinched back.

Sympathy clouded Cain's features. There was a wild look in her gray eyes, but there was also misery. As if she hated what she was doing. I watched warily as she leaned into Cain and he let out a sigh of relief. That was until she pulled forward with a huff and broke from his restrictions.

Kat looked around fast and tried to run, but failed. She dropped to the ground in front of me and I barely managed to not bend over and help her up. She stood up again and Pain flashed through her face. Cain wound his arms around her once moreand I could practically see the steam coming out of her ears. "Cain, Please." Her musical voice begged.

He didn't move. "Cain. I really care about you and don't want to hurt you. Please let me go." There was a pleading undercurrent. He still didn't move. "Please, Cain." Her voice sounded so miserable and beat, I nearly pulled her away. Cain's eyes showed how hard he was trying to keep his arms around her. I took a step back, getting farther away from the pair.

Kat's gaze met mine for a moment before it dropped down to the floor. "Cain Liam Masters, drop your arms now. So help you!" Kat's once soft tone had vanished completely, now she spat fire with every word. I could see my son's smirk. She sighed and muttered something.

Then before I could blink she had Cain on the ground, one arm behind his back. His expression was so confused it was almost comical, until I remembered why this was happening. Kat looked up from the body beneath her, meeting my gaze again. She seemed torn for a moment before she surrendered.

She sat next to Cain's still confused form but, scooted so her back touched the wall. She brought her knees up and hugged them close. Everyone seemed frozen for a while. No one knew what to do. Casey was the one who melted and approached her sister slowly.

She bent over Kat then took a seat next to her, holding her hand. When Casey spoke her voice was shaky. "Kat. I know you want to help. But, running from us will do no good." Kat shook her head in an odd way and stood. She bounced a few steps back and took her sister's hands in her own.

To me it looked as if she dreaded the words that were about to spill over. "I've told you already baby." She said, stroking Casey's hair in a loving manner. "He'll look for us. He'll want to find us. When he does, do you think it'll be like the other beatings? You think he'll give up?"

Casey's eyes widened and Kat looked suddenly gloomier. "If I go," She gulped. "Then, he'll leave you alone. I'll distract him, baby. You won't ever have to worry again." Casey's wide blue eyes were watering now and Kat pulled her into a hug. I spared a small smile at their sisterly love.

I heard Casey's soft sobs as her small body shook. "Shhh," Kat tried to soothe, rubbing her back. A few tears escaped Kat's eyes and Jake scooted closer. Kat looked up abruptly and motioned for Jake took take hold of Casey. He sat her down on the bed and held her as her cries continued.

Kat shifted slightly and left the room, me and Cain followed her silently. She trudged into our large living room and began pacing. Cain tried to step closer when she froze suddenly, taking a step back. "Don't" She said sharply. Her eyes said something else though. I could see it coming, all her problems were dragging her down. Her eyes grew darker and she fell over, Cain barely caught her before she cracked her head on the floor.

She cried as Casey had and Cain patted her hair delicately and whispered calming things. As fast as it had happened, it was over. She now stood facing me, holding Cain's hand tightly. "I apologize Mrs. Masters. I didn't mean to cause so much trouble. Thank you for allowing my sister to room here, I'll pay rent when I get my job." She said and I scoffed. Kat looked up in surprise and my lips held a careful smile. "There's no need to be so formal. I'm Clara." I held out my hand. She shook it kindly, "Katerina or Kat."

I smiled wider because I already knew her by Cain. "I do have some questions." I motioned for us to take a seat at the table. Kat let out a long sigh and sat down, clutching Cain's hand tightly. "Now, I can tell you mean a lot to my son. So therefore you mean a lot to me." My voice rang clear and she smiled, which I returned more than happily. "Sweetheart, how did you and your sister get all these bruises?" I watched as her features changed into a guarded expression.

Cain eyed her in a forlorn manner. His hands flashed up and covered her ears, he turned to me. "Her dad." He whispered, looking extremely angry and sorrowful. My hand came up to cover my open mouth, my eyes watered.

His hands dropped and he swiftly grabbed her hand again. "Thought of turning him in?" I questioned. She nodded, solemn. "The maximum sentence is two years. After that he would be even angrier, wouldn't he?" Her voice was frightened and strong at the same time. I nodded in understanding. "Any relatives?" She nodded again. "My grandmother. But, she's living in a home so that's a no. She our only living relative." She shot Cain a playful smile and switched focus back to me.

"Your mother?" She went silent, Cain was the one who spoke next. "Please. Don't mention her." He asked me softly. He must really care for her. "Well, Kat. Your staying here tonight. No ifs, ands, or buts. Your not a burden at all, your actually a real pleasure. It's usually pretty boring." I gave Kat wink and she grinned. "But, you two lovebirds, no nonsense." I murmured goodnight and went back upstairs.

I dropped to the bed, looking over a my picture of Henry. I stroked it gently. "What am I getting myself into?" I asked him. That was the last thing I said before I fell into a dark sleep.