XXIII - Ya'aburnee

XXIII - Ya'aburnee

Ya'aburnee
noun
(Arabic) Literally, 'you bury me'.  A beautifully morbid declaration of one's hope that they will die before another person, as it would be too difficult living without them

| "I wish that you don't die before, but I die before you and then you bury me. |

🍁

Perhaps she lost her ability to speak. Her tongue was tied. Silent tears pouring out from her eyes. She was staring at him, wondering how she got so lucky, how a man like Noah exists.

"Y-you wanted to t-take me here to--" She couldn't even speak properly. He smiled faintly at her, grasping her hands and kissing it with a touch so gentle it broke her heart into a thousand pieces. She only knew now that not all broken is bad. Those same broken pieces formed something that exceeds her love for him before.

"I love you." He whispered leaning in and kissing her so softly it took her breath away. It was a chaste kiss. Like what a groom would give to his bride. Like what a husband would give to his wife on a warm sunny morning. She cried even harder. "No. Baby stop crying." He wiped her tears away, swiping them with his thumb.

"I-I'm just so happy." She croaked out, her voice broke because of her tears.

"I'm happy too." She saw this never-ending spark in his eyes. Like it glowed only for her. She felt a sense of pride, it was not there before. She was the one who put it there. Sure when he looks at her his eyes lit up but it wasn't like that now, there gazing at him, there was something more she was afraid she would eventually drown.

"How could you even like me? I'm so awkward." He wiped her tears away and as if the universe agreed with her at being awkward she sneezed so loud the quiet cathedral was now filled with the echo of her sneeze, right when his hand came in front of her face. "You sure you still like me?"

"Not even a million sneeze could stop me from loving you. My Jessica." He rested his forehead on hers.

She was smiling the whole time. Her Noah. Only hers.

"Where to now?" She asked when they went out of the church.

"Where do you want to go?" He always wanted to know what her wants are. It made her appreciate him more.

"I don't know. I just want to take a stroll. And I'm hungry." He chuckled at her sheepish voice.

"Then let's eat first. I know a good restaurant near here."

They drove to where the restaurant was. She was aware of Noah holding her hand the entire short drive. She must've been insane. Smiling while staring at their entwined hands.

When the car stopped, as usual Noah opened her door and helped her get out like a true gentleman that he is.

"We're still in Quebec right?" She asked gazing up at the foreign language on the facade of the building.

"Yes. It's an Italian restaurant love. Come on?" Of course it was.

The moment the door opened she felt as if she was transported to Italy. The large tapestries with famous paintings decorated the wall, large chandeliers twinkling above them like giant stars, the place was busy. How would they even find a seat?

"Uhm, we should g--"

"Mr. Arkwright?" A tall, blond guy approached them, interrupting what she was about to say.

Noah only gave him a nod. The guy cleared his throat. "Good evening Sir, Madam." He smiled at her. The poor guy didn't notice the glare Noah gave him. "It's a pleasure to have you, please follow me. I'll lead you to your table."