ᴾᴸᴬᴺᴱᵀ

SCORCHED DESERT

SCORCHED DESERT

"Stay back." I grabbed the nearest stick and swung it at his head.

The creature swiftly ducked to the ground, missing my powerful swing."I just want a damn whopper." the voice pleaded, holding his hands over his head.

"I don't care why you're here." I shouted. "Who sent you? And how did you find this place?"

"Listen." He rubbed his arm. "I don't know where the hell I am, or who I'm even talking to, but I just wanna know where I can find the nearest Burger King. I haven't eaten anything all day and I'm—"

"This isn't your Burger King planet." I held the stick out. "You're on Mars."

A small chucked escaped from his lips. "You're just making a fool out of me now."

He scrunched his nose while picking himself up off the ground. "My whole body hurts, damn, how bad did this thing crash?"

"look at him Layla." Cyprien whined as he tugged at my arm. "He looks just like a Martian."

"Well, he's not." I narrowed my eyes. "We don't know what he is or where he's from, but he's not from our people."

"Say—?" He tilted his head. "Layla is it?"

"Yes." I gulped as he looked into my eyes. "That's my name."

"Figured." He sighed, while taking a step towards me. "Well Layla, I'm Jimin."

I blankly stared at him, backing away as he stood closer.

"—and." He ruffled his hair. "I have no idea where I crashed. I was in this lab room, and these scientists were testing all sorts of things on me. They told me that they were gonna put me to sleep and when I'd wake up, I'd be at Burger King."

He looked over his shoulder and back at me. "But now I'm on fucking Mars."

"Wait." I stopped him with my hand and carefully observed him. "Where are you from?"

"Uh, I live on saltwood road, about two miles left of the s—"

"What planet." I sternly spoke, already irritated of this thing.

"Home of the—uh, grass?" He tried to think of a universal term for it. "Yeah, I live on Earth."

"Oh no." I grabbed my brothers hand and took a few more steps back. "Stay away, don't come any closer."

"I'm not even moving." He lowered his brows.

"Stay where you are you human, I'm reporting you to the Mars pol—"