5. Should've Known

It's been a week now. I was back in school and feeling better. Is it bad that Brenton was the cause? After laughing a lil to myself I walked in class. Cameron hasn't bothered me since.

Maybe because I no longer take his bs. But I heard from around the way that I humiliated him. Oh well! It was long over due and he deserved it.

"Ms Imora"

"Yes"

"Pay attention please"

After class ended I walked home. My auntie has been more welcoming of me lately. She even gave me a key! But I'm always prepared for the worst cause I know for a fact it won't last long. Brenton asked me to go to this party with him and I'm not sure if I want to go. I mean I just met him a week ago and we've been talking nonstop.

I also believe I have a lil crush but I honestly hope it doesn't advance to anything more. When I start to like someone they run off when they hear about me. Apparently, having a poor gf ain't what's up. I mean some of the shit people make up is shameful. I'm still a virgin yet I'm the biggest hoe out. Smh, like I said, the shit is shameful.

Finally making it home, I turned to walk upstairs. I paused because I saw my things in a box in the hallway. Sighing while shaking my head I picked my things up and started looking for a big garbage bag.

See, this was what I was waiting on. Things don't last forever with me and I was totally prepared for it.

Turning around I see my cousin Tashina with her arms crossed.

"Idk why my mom even let you stay here" she said getting closer.

"You're nothin but a weak ass bitch who will never be nothing in life. Look at you! You even look poor" she said laughing.

The funny thing about this whole situation was that she was living in the hood as well. She thinks just because she got lucky and became this drug dealer main bitch she has all the money in the world.

"Coming from a bitch that has to fuck a nigga just to keep a spot says a lot about yourself don't you think?" I clap back with a smirk. I throw my things in a black garbage bag and turn to head out. Seeing my auntie come in the house she gives me this pathetic excuse of a look.

Pity. That's what I hate the most.

"Leila I'm-"

"It's okay auntie, I understand." Hugging her I say "thanks for everything" and walk out the house with my garbage bag over my shoulder.

"Leila! Leila wait" I hear my aunt calling. I stop and turn around.

"Here, please take this" she said handing me 200 bucks.

I take it because I know I was gonna need it to get me by.

Smiling at her I mumble my thanks and turn to walk away. While I've been at school, I've been looking up some close shelters and I luckily found one. It was a bit of a distance so I had to sleep somewhere tonight.

The only place I could think of was under the bridge and that's exactly where I slept. Of course I kept waking up throughout the night but what could I do? Crying would get me nowhere.

I'm all cried out.