13.3 The Service, Fluff, and Steam

Lang Yuan and Yu XueQin wandered on the streets for a long time until the sun decided to rest. The people started to prepare for the night, carrying their wagons home, or taking down shop signs to end the day. Lang Yuan took a look at the darkening sky and thought that it is already time to go home. He faced the taller man beside him who accompanied him all the way.

"It's time to go home?" Lang Yuan asked.

Yu XueQin hummed. "You want to go home?"

Lang Yuan did not reply. He knows that whatever his answers are, it will be Yu XueQin's decision to seal the end. Also, the question is meant to be rhetorical. Yu XueQin just nodded before he started walking away. Lang Yuan did not know if that nod is a confirmation or not but he followed the older man.

"Where are we going?" Lang Yuan noticed that they are walking on the opposite direction.

"Where would it be?" Yu XueQin carelessly muttered. "How about we just let our feet walk and decide? And when the soles start to hurt, we'll rest."

Lang Yuan thought: Did just this emperor made a historical version of an avid traveller?

Yu XueQin noticed that the youth pondering. "What are you thinking?"

"A word," Lang Yuan replied. "It describes a person that travels around without destination. Or just walks around in circles."

"Indeed, we are walking but I did not say that we did not have a destination," Yu XueQin said. "Still, I would like to know the word. Wife, enlighten me."

"I am trying to remember," Lang Yuan knows the word but it was very foreign that it will take him time to remember. Also, words are really not that friendly with dyslexic people. Lang Yuan, instead, questioned the first thing the emperor said.

"We are going somewhere?"

"Mnn," Yu XueQin nodded. "The sun had retired but the night is still young. The night brings humans to rest, but not all creatures leaves the night for slumber. There are still places that are alive at night."

"Are you bringing me there?" Somehow, he was interested. The young looking emperor smiled, kissing the young man on his forehead. Lang Yuan could only jerk as he touched that place that is slowly earning warmth. Yu XueQin chuckled.

"If you are willing to be with me then I will."

Really... the emperor in this form is too much! For once, Lang Yuan felt his heart go running like a bull seeing a red light. The usual Yu XueQin indeed look like a strict leader backed up with a cold attitude that most of the time Lang Yuan would rather feel respectful and slight fear. But now...

One single smile is enough to blow his head!

The transformation somehow made the all-stoic and strict face of Yu XueQin to look rather soft. This little feature made most of his movements to be light that tyrannical, giving off a vibe of a strong-willed youth. For Lang Yuan, these actions attracted him the most, feeling a bit shy and stupid for a while. He is normally ignorant to appearances but why does it seem like when it comes to Yu XueQin he was starting to feel different?

And his heart ah, why does it feel so energetic?

Yu XueQin found the youth thinking with reddening cheeks. He chuckled, reached out to hold the hands of Lang Yuan. This time, Lang Yuan did not think twice and let the emperor bring him to somewhere. His mind was muddled with too much foreign feelings that he did not notice that the place they were heading is towards the night market where entertainment is the heart of the night. He only managed to collect his thoughts when he was distracted by a bright light.