Chapter 12: A New Face

hey guys.

Sorry this took so long but i have been extremely busy.

I have had school work, university applications, rehearsals for a local musical and i just struggled to find the time.

Hope you enjoy,

Thanks for waiting,

Chloe x

Chapter 12

                I was lost. I was flipping lost in the middle of a god damn forest with god knows how many mad people hunting me through it. Everywhere just looked like more and more of exactly the same forest and if I saw another tree that looked exactly the same as another I would go mad. I was already finding going on the run hard and it had only been half an hour.

                I was so dead.

                Who was I kidding? I was no superspy. I couldn’t hide and survive. I was a teenage girl trying to take exams and played a few instruments. Not exactly survival material. How the hell was I supposed to make it through life for however long? It wasn’t going to happen. Catherine will have died for nothing at this rate. I was probably going to end up joining her in whatever was Werewolf heaven or maybe hell. I don’t know.

                In the end, I was no longer running and just resorted to walk my way through the forest. My wolf form was still a little weird and unusual but the longer I spent in this form the more natural it began to feel. I heard the sound of nearby traffic so I came to conclusion that I must not be too far from the edge of the forest.

                I let go of the rucksack from my mouth before shifting back. Grabbing the first lot of clothes from my bag, I quickly pulled them on and pulled my hair back into a bobble that was fortunately in my bag. Once I was fully clothed, my mind began to wander as to my next plan of action. Where to go next? Maybe, I could go abroad but I don’t know where the other packs are and who are on my parents’ side or not. This is a lot of hassle.

                I sat down near a tree feeling exhausted all of a sudden. It had been a long stressful and emotional day. I had lost my family. My home. My friends. I was alone in a world that I couldn’t comprehend. I was tiny and insignificant compared to it all. Just one part of many chess pieces with slightly more importance.

                Placing my head into my hands, I yawned as the tiredness began to take over. It was there but I knew I had to keep moving but a few minutes rest really wouldn’t do me any harm. I needed it right now because quite frankly I was exhausted. Closing my eyes for a second, I took a deep breath, calming myself down from everything.

                Jolting myself awake, I realised I had slept. Evening was drawing in and the sky was a pinkish colour from what I could make out from the tree tops. I scrambled up from position from the floor and grabbed my bag.

                Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

                How could you fall asleep?! I was such an idiot. This was the best way to get caught. I was making mistakes already and I hadn’t been out here for more than a day. I needed to get a grip and quick. I began to head towards the sound of the traffic which was steady and constant. If I could get transport, I could get away further and quicker than on foot for now.

                Snap!

                The sound of a twig crunching beneath the sound of someone’s foot had me alert all of a sudden. I clutched the back pack tight in my hands and flicked my head around towards the sound. I immediately looked for the danger that I knew was close to me. I could sense it. Picking up my pace, I skirted through the trees, trying to desperately distance myself from whatever this potential problem was.